The Wire comes to UK Tv..

hitman89762000

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you not watch it then Mr Seven?

Ozzfan, does it pick up then? I'm all for giving it a go, but I really was hoping it would have clicked already! I'm quite excited based on some peoples thoughts on the series so will definitely stick with it!

It's a different formula from what you're probably used to, Sym. There's not a different story every week, the case lasts all season and they won't bother to hold your hand through the complexities of it. But once you get used to not being treated like an idiot by the show's writers, it's a real treat.

So..... I bought the Wire box set about 3 months ago and have watched the first four episodes but haven't really got into it, it's not left me wanting more! Is this the general consensus? Does it get better? Am I expecting too much from the hype? Is it likely to click soon if it hasn't already? Any non spoiler thoughts would be helpful!

I definitely enjoyed it from the start, but it took 5 or 6 episodes for me to realise I loved it.

• 10 months later...
  • Paid Members

29LDel.jpg

Forty? Nobody give a FUCK about forty. Nobody remember forty, and ya'll niggas is giving me way too many forty degree days. What the fuck?!"

• Paid Members

Not too much of a suprise. In her autobiography (which is somewhat interesting but only about 60 pages long) she says how she was still running four corners in her spare time while filming season 3. I did read how she was trying to get other acting roles but what else could she have hoped to get? It's not like they would have got her a gig in a period drama or anything.

• 11 months later...
  • Paid Members

Fucking brilliant. I'm ashamedly only on SKY Atlantic pace with The Wire but I really really like it already. I hope once they finish up Season 1 they'll just go straight to Season 2 without any sort of gap.

• 4 months later...

Archived