The Wire comes to UK Tv..

hitman89762000

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Wire is great.

I don't think it's the BEST THANG EVAR~!, but that's more a testament to how much I adored The Shield and still adore 24 than it is a slight on The Wire. My only gripe with The Wire is that the opening episodes to a season can be slow to the point of being unwatchable, the worst offender being the first episode of season 2.

I've said it before, but it's like they've tried so hard to be realistic, that they've completely bypassed what is, in my opinion, the point of television. It's the TV equivalent of an artist finishing the recording of an album, and being proud of the fact that it's as close to silence you can get without having to not listen to music. I just didn't get it.

• Paid Members
It's the TV equivalent of an artist finishing the recording of an album, and being proud of the fact that it's as close to silence you can get without having to not listen to music. I just didn't get it.

I really don't get that at all. How is The Wire silence? I think it's brutal realism and points it makes about todays society are more like a motherfucking sledgehammer to the face than silence.

But yeah, if you haven't seen it before give it a go. It's slow at the start and not easy to get into (I don't think I actually understood what was really going on in the first season till about episode 6) but it really is the best TV show ever. Not a single bad episode, character or plot line in the whole 60 episodes.

Will be sticking this on the Sky+

Have been meaning to give this series a go for a while now and haven't had the chance really.

I really don't get that at all. How is The Wire silence? I think it's brutal realism and points it makes about todays society are more like a motherfucking sledgehammer to the face than silence.

Read the post, fella.

I wasn't talking carte blanche, I just meant the opening episodes to the seasons can be like that.

As for beyond that, I think The Wire is amongst some of the most brutal and compelling television i've seen. Where Chris beats piss out of Michael's dad?!....FUCK!

Season 6 was awesome. I still can't believe McNulty was an alien.

Thanks for the spoiler. Cunt. :angry:

I've seen it, so I'll probably watch Spiral on BBC4. No doubt I'll have to explain it all to my uninitiated friends, though.

And it is the best TV show ever. Fact.

It's a TV show based loosely on real life.... Either you got McWooshed to epic proportions or the writers made a spectacular gaff and your comment is correct.

I assume it'll be in iPlayer, so I'll probably catch it on there. I've heard many good things about it although I still have no clue what its actually about. Anyone got a brief synopsis of what the show's about?

Archived