What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

I have been watching Sirens recently on channel 4 and it has a couple of laugh out loud moments in each episode. Fonejacker's Kayvan Novjak is one of the highlights of the show playing Rachid Mansuar.

The show is based on a Paramedic team in Leeds and follows each character in and out of work, it also follows two police officers and a fireman. If you liked Teachers chances are that you will like this.

• Paid Members
I have been watching Sirens recently on channel 4 and it has a couple of laugh out loud moments in each episode. Fonejacker's Kayvan Novjak is one of the highlights of the show playing Rachid Mansuar.

The show is based on a Paramedic team in Leeds and follows each character in and out of work, it also follows two police officers and a fireman. If you liked Teachers chances are that you will like this.

Caught the first couple and have the rest sat on my Sky+ box. I liked it a lot and must agree, the guy from Four Lions is ace in it. I love the little police woman who can't get a boyfriend too, I think she's lovely, particularly in uniform. I watched it with the missus but she wasn't keen but she doesn't like gore. I told her not to be so stupid "It's a comedy, it won't be gory". First scene is a massive car crash, blood everywhere, lots of close ups and the paramedic sticks his hand through a wound to massage the woman's heart. Who's stupid now?

Also really enjoyed the first two episodes of Trollied. Nice to see Sky 1 putting some real effort into making new comedy and British too.

• Paid Members
Oh God

i thought only we could get away with crap sitcoms

Good lord that was shocking, terrible stuff. However I'd imagine it might get over with some of the female demographic.

Also really enjoyed the first two episodes of Trollied. Nice to see Sky 1 putting some real effort into making new comedy and British too.

Really? I watched the first 20 mins of the first episode, really couldn't stand it. Really didn't find it funny in the slightest. My wife had enough and turned it over, and she like Dinnerladies :cry:

But agreed on Sirens, I enjoyed the first series. Will definitely catch the second series if they make one. Reminds me very much of Teachers, the main guy is also very similar and has a similar relationship with the copper to what Andrew Lincoln had with that female teacher (can't remember her name).

Edited by fruitcorner

Trollied is ok, not complete laugh out loud funnyness, but not bad at all.

Watching OZ. IT'S F'KIN AMAZIN'!!

Oz is awesome :thumbsup:

I've been watching American Restoration which I really am enjoying, still watching random episodes of Man Vs Food even though I've no doubt seen them all!

Gonna try and watch The Hour now and see if its any good. Bought the first series of Luther the other day so that'll keep me busy for a while.

Been watching Inbetweeners 'countdown' programme and the Comic Relief one.

Saw a lot of the Urban/Hip Hop season on Channel 4.

Oh yeah that programme about the "little guys" on 4, about Seven Dwarfs in Snowwhite, Woking - my old manor :) I've always dwarfs since seeing Time Bandits as a kid lol

Celebrity Big Brother starts tomorrow....

Edited by Dynamite Duane

Strike Back has returned and is just as awesome as series one. For those not familiar it's about the British Army and the corruption within it. Plenty of action, twists and storytelling involved and definitely recommended.

Breaking bad has been ok. Not quite living up to the expectations but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and hope it's just setting the plot for something massive.

Just finished watching Geordie Shore. Unfortunately not a patch on Jersey Shore but it passes time.

Just completed this seasons So You Think You Can Dance too. That's always awesome which introduces not only a variety of Dances from around the world but also great songs and artistry from all genres

Also add Friends with Benefits. Seems to be a little similar to Perfect Couples, but has it's funny moments I'll continue with it for a quick 20 minute time filler.

And finally just watched The Lying Game which aired last night in the U.S. I downloaded it in the hopes it might be similar Lie To Me. Unfortunately it's not the case. It still seems like it has potential though. It's about twin sisters who were adopted by two different families and one of the sisters wants to track down the biological parents and has the other sister take her place whilst she goes to find them. And no, it's not a comedy. Check it out.

• Paid Members

just smashed through the first and second seasons of the US version of The Office. I've been holding off watching it for a while but it's far exceeded my expectations, brilliant show, plus i'd give anything to have sex with Jenna Fischer.

I think Trollied is watchable, but not very funny. It doesn't seem to know what it wants to be. It's like The Office and Dinnerladies got thrown into a blender, then poured into a glass before the blender even got switched on. It's just not a cohesive whole.

• Paid Members

ive been watching it with my girlfriend, it's borderline horrific at times. The only decent characters are the butchers and the useless old woman. The boss and co-boss interraction is painful to watch.

Anyone else watched Wilfred on BBC Three. I wasn't really going to give it a go but once I started watching I couldn't help myself. It's so simple and daft but very deep too. Elijah Wood is terrific as the depressed loner.