What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Just working my way through Pulling, have been meaning to get round to it for years but never found the time. The whole Series 1 was on Dave a few weeks back, so I sky plussed that and borrowed Series 2, which I'm halfway through. Really great show, and seemingly deserved better than the treatment it got by the BBC. A shining light for that shitehawk channel BBC Three anyway.

Also at the moment, I'm loving the new series of To Catch A Predator, just because I wish it was on all the time. The Life and Times of Tim, Series 2 has been a fucking blast too. An understated gem that one.

• Paid Members
Just working my way through Pulling, have been meaning to get round to it for years but never found the time. The whole Series 1 was on Dave a few weeks back, so I sky plussed that and borrowed Series 2, which I'm halfway through. Really great show, and seemingly deserved better than the treatment it got by the BBC.

What is it like? I've been meaning to try it for a while now. I heard someone describe it as a bit like Nighty Night, if that's the case I'm definitely interested.

Watched the first season of Parks and Recreation over the last couple of weeks, very average. It's the only tv other than the world cup or soaps i've watched in about two or three months.

Really need to finish the rest of Curb Your Enthusiasm 7 and get started on Spiral 2 and Dexter 4

• Paid Members
Really need to finish the rest of Curb Your Enthusiasm 7 and get started on Spiral 2 and Dexter 4

Never watched that, but i'm a huge fan of Ricky Gervais and the Office. I'm not usually keen on American sitcoms though, is it worth a go?

Never watched that, but i'm a huge fan of Ricky Gervais and the Office. I'm not usually keen on American sitcoms though, is it worth a go?

I hate Gervais but Curb is genuinely one of the greatest shows ever created and i only started watching it in November

Dexter Season 4 is one of my favourite seasons of any American tv show ever. Just fantastic!! Am sure you'll love it.

Given the first three seasons i'm not suprised

Edited by ultimo the great

Generation Kill is being shown again on FX, Wednesdays at 11pm. Only two episodes in for anyone who wants to watch it and i highly recommend it.

Has anyone seen new More 4 show Southland?

Little cool fact about the Generation Kill TV show.

Rudy Reyes, spoken about in the book, plays himself in the TV show. I didn't realise it initially until I read the book as I'd seen the TV show about a year ago and never really considered he might be playing himself.

Over the last week and a half I've watched all three seasons of Breaking Bad from the very beginning. I wasn't expecting to get through it so fast, it was just so gripping that as soon as one episode ended I would immediately press play on the next one, going through three or four in one sitting. Such a great show, it's just annoying that after having so much of it to watch I've now reached the end and the fourth season isn't on until next year!

I've gained an appreciation for post-Season 2 Lost since I went back and started watching again. I dunno if it's because I can watch it in my own time now, but I'm loving it !

Reached Season 5. Just watching the first episode now.

Reached Season 6 of The X Files. Just so many shows that I missed first time around. I'm starting on The West Wing when I get these done !

Just working my way through Pulling, have been meaning to get round to it for years but never found the time. The whole Series 1 was on Dave a few weeks back, so I sky plussed that and borrowed Series 2, which I'm halfway through. Really great show, and seemingly deserved better than the treatment it got by the BBC.

What is it like? I've been meaning to try it for a while now. I heard someone describe it as a bit like Nighty Night, if that's the case I'm definitely interested.

Really good actually. Not piss-your-pants funny, but a highly entertaining show with an excellent cast and some darkly humorous set pieces. Nighty Night's probably a reasonable comparison, but I thought that went to shit a bit in Season 2, Pulling has so far held the course. It's only 12 eps and a special anyway, you might as well give it a go for the time it will take. I'm a bit in love with Sharon Horgan too, which helps.

Watched the first season of Parks and Recreation over the last couple of weeks, very average.

Get Season 2 on the go and stick with it. It gets fucking magic.