What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
To those that stuck with the second series is it worth me going back to it to get up to speed? I'd sort of like to know what happened with the bloke who was fucking Rick's wife.

I didn't watch any of the second season and I got into season 3 just fine. It feels like I didn't miss anything whatsoever.

Have you ever watched anything about zombies ever? It should be as much about people as it is about the zombies - how people interact with each other in a post-apocalytic society with no rules and civilisation.

If it's shit then it's because of crappy writing, not the budget.

Well, obviously, but Walking Dead didn't do that as much as have little kitchen-sink dramas. Particularly in the second series, it sometimes felt like the Waltons, with an occasional cameo from a walker.

:confused: This makes no sense at all. You said the problem was the lack of budget, and then I pointed out it was the shitty writing.. and then you say "no, it's the shitty writing"..?

You're looking for an argument where there is none, I think. I'm saying that there was too much padding that was not particularly about being in a post-apocalyptic society, and more about stretching out the budget and locations over the season.

The writing has always been a problem with the series, you'll get no argument from me, but it's not the only reason the show runs out of steam so regularly.

Bifkin, the only major revelation is that everyone is infected already, and when you die you turn. That's it. I too am hoping for some revelations about the start of the outbreak, but that's never been a major part of the zombie outbreak trope, so I suspect we'll continue to be disappointed.

Anyone catch the final Being Human? Gutted the show is over. First TV series that managed to replace all its main cast members and get better. Feel it had scope to go on, and the end leaves a slight possibility that they could do something with it.

Damien Molony who plays Hal should definately be considered as the next Doctor when Matt Smith hangs up the bowtie. With Whithouse tipped to take over from Moff, I hope it could happen.

I watched it. Michael Socha is absolutely brilliant in it. I like the other two a lot as well. Great show that managed to do so many things well, and have all these elements that shouldn't work together but did. That last episode was a bit of a rip-off of a Highlander episode though.

Yeah I recognised that. I thought Phil Davis was insanely well cast though, one of the best things about the series infact is the castin (bar Nina, she was annoying) Michael Socha is brilliant yes, the innocence he plays it with. Hope he goes on to do more

Been enjoying the Big Reunion on ITV2 as of late, just been having a look at the gig they did for the show, which is now going on tour on wikipedia, seems each act got three songs each taking turns to piece for each song. The full set list if anyone is interested looked like this (spoilers as there is one act on the line up that joins on the next episode)

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Five

We Will Rock You/Everybody Get Up

Keep On Moving

If Ya Getting Down

B*Witched

C'est La Vie

Rollercoaster

Blame It On The Weatherman

Bodyshakin'

A Little Bit More

More Than A Woman

Liberty X

Just A Little

Got To Have Your Love

Being Nobody

Blue

All Rise

Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word

One Love

Honeyz

Finally Found

End Of The Line

Won't Take It Lying Down

Atomic Kitten

Right Now

Tide Is High

Whole Again

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I've been watching that. Mainly because I've always had a bit of thing for Jessica from Liberty X.

A few good songs in that line up. I've always liked a bit of Five and Liberty x myself. Blue ain't bad either.

Edited by Shovanist Pig

• Paid Members

I just finished episode 5. It's definitely getting better by the episode. The constant boob shots is actually really distracting and funny. It's like they are always looking for the slightest reason for someone to get their knockers out.

Spartacus people - I'm coming to the end of Blood & Sand, am I alright to go straight to Vengeance after or do I have to watch the Gods of the Arena miniseries between them?

Gods of the Arena first. It acts as an introduction to characters you'll meet in Vengeance.

Plus it acts a sort of palette cleaner making the transition of Spartacus actors a little easier to take

Third season has been tremendous so far with episode 5 being particularly awesome. I'm always amazed at how good they are at creating characters and interesting paths for said characters. There has been one particular character who I initially thought was just going to be an early death and a very one note guy but his story has become pretty compelling.

Whilst it's a shame they decided to end it this season I'm loving the freedom it's giving them in terms of going all out in terms of allowing the storyline to accelerate on rather than getting stagnant. Fascinated to see how they end it, given they've generally kept to what actually happened - which may lead to a somewhat bleak end..