What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

That was a fucking tragedy. Looks aside, she was clearly very switched on prior to the stroke, and generally lovely. I can't imagine what a frustrating condition that must be.

That said, she'd be a cracking pick up, you'd never get moaned at.

In need of a comedy to watch:

Same vein as Arrested Development, It's Always Sunny, The Office (US)

but not 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, Community, Curb, Happy Endings, Up All Night.

Looking like Modern Family, also is Episodes any good?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

• Paid Members

I like Workaholics. It kind of like season 1 of Always Sunny but i don't think the first season is anywhere near as good as the rest so it could be difficult to get into.

New Girl is great but it could be a bit similar to Happy Endings.

Having rearranged my living room, the aerial cable doesn't reach the telly so I'm limited to DVDs, lovefilm instant and downloads. As such I've been watching TV shows I've not seen before. Last week or two:

Porridge- seen before, obviously, remains absolutely brilliant.

Friday Night Dinner- Hit and miss but occasionally had me weeping with laughter. The dad is fantastic.

The Thick of It - Was surprised that this lived up to the hype and more. Utterly wonderful, although seeing Langham make nonce jokes is a bit uncomfortable knowing what we know since.

Robin Hood (newish bbc one)- cack.

Jeeves and Wooster- A bit too gentle for my liking but pleasant enough.

Cracker- Fantastic, although the specials after the main series were shite.

In need of a comedy to watch:

Same vein as Arrested Development, It's Always Sunny, The Office (US)

but not 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, Community, Curb, Happy Endings, Up All Night.

Looking like Modern Family, also is Episodes any good?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Children's Hospital and Workaholics?

EDIT: Archer and Party Down

Edited by dharmabear

• Paid Members
The Thick of It - Was surprised that this lived up to the hype and more. Utterly wonderful, although seeing Langham make nonce jokes is a bit uncomfortable knowing what we know since.

I've only just started to watch this and I agree with you entirely. It's bloody great and everyone so far is good in it. I've been watching repeats on Gold, so the only episodes I've seen so far are a few from series three or four- sadly post-Langham. I haven't seen Jamie yet, apparently he's menacingly brilliant. I've seen The Fucker though, he's good.

Ah, lovefilm instant only has series one and two so I'm waiting for more. I may just go outand buy it, it's definitely something I'll watch again and again and show people who've not seen it.

HMV did have the complete box-set for

• Paid Members
Trailer Park Boys might be something you'd enjoy adequate, reminds me alot of It's Always Sunny at times.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this. I recommended it to someone at a party recently saying the exact same thing. They're not similar at all, in the slightest, but there's something about the comedy and over all feel that make them reminiscent of each other.

And to the guy who asked the question, I thought Episodes was great, particularly the second series.