What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

I've not seen Bad Education yet but heard good things about it. Will try & check it out on Iplayer.

I've always wondered if it's just me that doesn't 'get' Jack Whitehall. He just seems really annoying, rather than funny.

I can see why some people might not warm to him but I've never seen him do anything but well infront of live comedy audiences.

I loved Comedy Bang Bang! (which gmoney's sig is from) which just finished it's first series (10 episodes). Probably not for everyone (it's all fairly odd non-sequitur humour) - I came to it from the podcast which helped ease into the weird world it inhabits. Lots of fun though and loads of funny people involved (it's setup like a talk show but it really isn't). Worth watching the first episode to gauge if it's style of comedy is for you..

Hijacking this thread - I'm driving down France next week, and need some decent radio comedy series to listen to on the way down. I'm thinking Boosh, but what others can people recommend?

Hijacking this thread - I'm driving down France next week, and need some decent radio comedy series to listen to on the way down. I'm thinking Boosh, but what others can people recommend?

Count Arthur Strong's Radio Show is hilarious at times, especially the first season. The early episode 'James Bond' had me in stitches.

Edited by WU LYF 4 LYF

• Paid Members

Just watched the mid-season finale of Breaking Bad:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

What an episode. I didn't think anything would top the scene with Mike's imprisoned guys being killed off, but that ending - Holy shit. I thought it was a tad daft that Walt would leave evidence like that about, and it could be argued that a scrawl at the front of a book is easily forgettable, but it didn't make the ending any less awesome. I can't bloody wait for next year.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members
Just watched the mid-season finale of Breaking Bad:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

What an episode. I didn't think anything would top the scene with Mike's imprisoned guys being killed off, but that ending - Holy shit. I thought it was a tad daft that Walt would leave evidence like that about, and it could be argued that a scrawl at the front of a book is easily forgettable, but it didn't make the ending any less awesome. I can't bloody wait for next year.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

The prison scene was absolutely brutal, particularly the full-nelson stabbing of the lawyer. That ending though was immense, and I really can't wait to see where they go with it. How will Hank manage to pin this on Walter now that Walter is "out" and pretty much everyone involved is dead. I think the finale will end with either Walt, Hank or both dying.

• Paid Members

Over the last 9 weeks I've ploughed through all 7 seasons of The Shield. God damn it's good. Too many high points to list, too few dips in quality to count against it and a special mention to Dutch and the cat. I can't get that scene out of my head.

Bonus side effect of this is I now like Cleetus Van Damme a lot more.

Stephen Graham's not that menacing in Snatch. I want to watch that thing he was in with Sean Bean the other week. My idiot brother-in-law had a funny drunken rant about it. Being working-class and learning disabled, he was very offended that Bean -- a bloke he'd previously have had in his "firm" if he was making a British film -- was dressing up like a faggot. His favourite on Big Brother is Julian Clary, so it's not blanket hatred of gays, I think it was that Sean Bean pulled the wool over his eyes by not being queer in other things.