What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

I really don't know how Ianucci keeps up the consistency, thought the episode was great, as has virtually the whole season of VEEP which I'm really getting into. As you say Mike, it'll be good to have Tucker back in it (especially seeing him in a different kind of role now) but the episode didn't suffer for not having him there.

• Paid Members

From the credits it seems like Will Smith wrote most of the first episode, although from what I gather quite a bit of it is improvised which isn't a surprise given the talent involved. Chris Addison apparently ad-libbed most of his stuff in the earlier series.

• Paid Members

I fucking despise Matt Horne, just a horribly irritating, jealous little toad.

However Bad Education is fucking brilliant. Jack Whitehall's stand up routines are shit, but his acting in this and Fresh Meat is such a rapid improvement for him. Especially love the self defence scene ending with "what, he was a prick". Nikki Runeckles is a bit of alright as well.

Bad Education is pants. It's not outright woeful only-for-retards shit like Mrs Brown's Boys or Citizen Khan, but it is bad. Jack Whitehall's very good in it, but every other character is a one-note cliche. The whole thing just feels inauthentic and rote. The slutty girl is very nice though.

• Paid Members

There was a lot of talk and rumours around originally when Horne and Corden fell out a few years back and it all seemed to come back to Horne being jealous that Corden got all these film and television roles and became a huge name in the UK whereas he's best known in recent years for playing a bit part in a drama about Boy George, the Dad in a Horrid Henry film and now a supporting role in a Jack Whitehall comedy. The fact he snubbed the chance to appear on Life Stories when it was Corden being profiled was rather odd as well and seemed to piss Corden off during the taping.

Considering the title of the show was Gavin and Stacey you can kinda see why he ould believe he should've been the star, but then again he always seems to appear a overly annoying, indie kid wannabe dickhead that sees himself as more important than he is.

tiger_rick's a lovely chap, but he's dead wrong about The Inbetweeners US. It's great. Do what you're supposed to do and watch it as if ours never existed, and you'll probably enjoy it. The soundtracking and beeping things was initially a bit weird but quickly became unnoticeable.

If the season holds up and gets renewed for a more significant run, I confidently predict it will end up 86 times better than the original too. The Inbetweeners was okay, but fucking enormously overrated too.