UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

So why did the nWo reform after they split, why did Nash drop the belt he chased etc. Was an explanation ever given?

People say Nash enforced his creative control just so he could be the guy who ended the Goldberg streak, which seems daft if he then just dropped it to Hogan a week or so later.

It'll probably been more to do with Hogan then enforcing his creative control. Thats all speculation on my part, but its probably not far from the truth. Thats what so annoying about Hogan, he could be a real fucking parasite at times. Every now and again he would do business right (jobbing for Yokozuna on his way out of WWF, putting over Rock and Lesnar in 2002) but then he'd do so much just to benefit himself -stealing Warriro's thunder at WM6, the shit he pulled at Royal Rumble 92 with Sid, WM9 - the list goes on

Edited by KingOfMetal

This reminded me of one I've tried unsuccessfully to track down.

J.R., in full hype mode, yelling "STONE COLD! ... IS THE TOUGHEST SON OF A BITCH!! ... I EVER SAW!!!"

It must have been 1998/1999 because it's on the "Austin 3:16 Uncensored" video/dvd, but I can't find the actual footage of when he said that.

Anyone remember that?

Thats a easy one. JR says it at the end of Over the Edge 1998 just before Austin walks over ref Mcmahons body. I remember it as seen the match over 100 times as it has always been one of my favourites.

Fast forward to 42:30

The other one from the intro could be something JR would have said at KOTR 98 or maybe when Austin beat Rock for the belt at mania. I dunno but sounds like a PPV where austin won.

Edited by iamthedoctor

• Paid Members

J.R., in full hype mode, yelling "STONE COLD! ... IS THE TOUGHEST SON OF A BITCH!! ... I EVER SAW!!!"

It must have been 1998/1999 because it's on the "Austin 3:16 Uncensored" video/dvd, but I can't find the actual footage of when he said that.

Anyone remember that?

The other one from the intro could be something JR would have said at KOTR 98 or maybe when Austin beat Rock for the belt at mania. I dunno but sounds like a PPV where austin won.

He didn't win at KOTR 98 though! It probably does involve Austin somewhere, he always did draw the best reactions from JR.

Anyone remember that?

Thats a easy one. JR says it at the end of Over the Edge 1998 just before Austin walks over ref Mcmahons body.

Thanks for that.

the_ultimate_warrior_photo_by_windows8osx-d509ynp.jpg

This is one of Warrior's most famous outfits, because the promo shots turned up on all manner of merchandise during his big run. Even got its own Hasbro (where it had a weightlifting belt added for some reason) and Mattel did a figure of it last year too.

Did he ever wear it in a match that was on television or video?

• Paid Members

Warrior was like that, though. I dont think he ever wore the cowboy boots during that era, unless they popped up on a rare house show. The face paint was usually mix and match, as were the wrist bands. Usually how he was feeling that day.

I'm going to do some digging. There used to be a Warrior forum with a clued up account of his outfits. Maybe he did.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

You have a better eye for this than me, would you say this was the same photoshoot? Its from the WWF merch catalog from that period.

264891_10150247440150116_5755266_n.jpg

If so, it might have been a media day, for scanning merchandise and publicity shots. Judging by the hair, it was the pre-blonde hair era, so it may have been a photoshoot set up at Titan Towers to replace all the Hogan pictures that were all over everything. Warrior wasn't a Daniel Bryan or a CM Punk. The idea was Hogan was gone, Warrior was the new face. He even has the black leather WWF belt, which he only used just after Mania, in the photos.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Yeah, that's the same one. I think it was done before WrestleMania VI, because the picture of him wearing the yellow Intercontinental on the video box are from the same day. I'm not 100% on that, mind, but the cowboy boots are on the VI video picture.

Edit: It's not the same. Facepaint, hair, kneepads all different. He did wear the cowboy boots to both though.

mP-15QrTJHILKtfKnpnWJVw.jpg

wwf-wrestlemania-6-vhs-cover-art.jpg

Edited by King Pitcos

wwf-wrestlemania-6-vhs-cover-art.jpg

I always thought that when compared to Warrior, the Hulkster looked terrible on this cover.

Yeah Warrior looks completely solid and ripped and it's a pretty unflattering angle of the Hulkster - makes him look a bit flabby in the middle and man-booby.

To be fair, they both look like they could be a couple of toddlers. Warrior is throwing a wailing tantrum and Terry is smiling and straining at the same time like he's having a poo.

Edited by Dirty Eddie