UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

How long have ECW referee's been wearing the Raw referee's shirt for? (I presume its since they reduced the number of refs down)

What does SHS stand for on Mark Henrys singlet?

Anyone know what the 'SHS' on Mark Henry's ring attire stands for?

Silsbee High School, his alma mater

What does SHS stand for on Mark Henrys singlet?

Matt Striker also said it stands for "Somebody's gonna Hurt Somebody"

Where can I find out a list and name of the WCW shows shown on the BSB (before the Sky merger) Sports channel?

All i can remember is that Johnny B Badd, Big Josh, Mark Calloway, and Vinnie Vegas featured Afair

• Paid Members
Where can I find out a list and name of the WCW shows shown on the BSB (before the Sky merger) Sports channel?

All i can remember is that Johnny B Badd, Big Josh, Mark Calloway, and Vinnie Vegas featured Afair

Wasn't it just WCW Power Hour? I don't think they showed actual events.

Now a question from me... From a match description of a !BANG! torrent...

Funking Conservatory World Title Match

Wahoo McDaniel Jr. vs Shane Chung (Champion)

Old School Rules as per NWA Rule Book of Professional Wrestling by Eddie Graham

What exactly are "Old School Rules"? Thanks.

http://xtremewrestlingtorrents.net/details.php?id=50489

From wikipedia (read: probably wrong);

"Former Corporation members Mankind, Ken Shamrock, Big Show and Test joined together to form The Union."

Wikipedia is, in this case, right. It was indeed Mankind, Shamrock, Big Show and Test in the Union. IIRC, Shamrock and/or Show started after leaving the Corporation to get back at the Mc Mahons.

• Paid Members
Wikipedia is, in this case, right. It was indeed Mankind, Shamrock, Big Show and Test in the Union. IIRC, Shamrock and/or Show started after leaving the Corporation to get back at the Mc Mahons.

Foley bought all four of them out on the ramp as the Corporation looked on bemused. Foley then made a hash of explaining their achronym (which was unsurprisingly never mentioned again). He said they were the "Union of People You Ought to Respect. Or.. UPYORS, Shane!"

There's really screw all to remember about the Union apart from that they had their own entrance theme (complete with the sounds of a factory whistle blowing and hammers) and they contested an 8-man elimination tag match with four Mideon-level members of the Corporate Ministry at Over The Edge. What a waste of name talent that match was. Mankind was the sole survivor despite spending most of the match on the verge of tears. Not long after HHH obliterated Mankinds knee on TV and Big Show went into "cahoots" with Undertaker (twisting each others nipples or something? who knows) and the Union was quiety forgotten about. Good.

Theres one other major influence on wrestling today that the union had. I can't remember who the authority was but towards the end of their short stay the union was given 'anything they wanted' and each member asked for one thing. One of them got a title match, Shamrock got a lions den match against vince and Test got a date with stephanie. Of course this was the start of the test - stephanie wedding angle which lead to the (at least onscreen) marriage of HHH and Steph. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Edited by KFR42