UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Apart from those first few months in WCW, he really flopped there IMO. Gimmick being bogged down with legal issues didn't help either.

I'd check out that triangle match he had on one WCW PPV though. It was him vs Vader, then the winner faced Sting. Whole thing must have lasted an hour. I watched it on Youtube, so it's probably still there. Great stuff.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
I might be going mad but wasn't there an episode of Nitro (sometime during the New Blood vs. Millionaires Club storyline) where the referees went on strike so Russo made all the matches count your own pinfall matches? It definitely happened and but i'm unsure on the time period. Might have been around the time of Kanyon & DDP being mates

You are right - it was a Thunder, though, not a Nitro. That was the episode that ended with a big brawl/battle royal, and Randy Savage arriving in a limo to make a surprise one-off comeback.

• Moderators
That Bossman/Vader match looks good - was that on TV or PPV?

They had about 6,000 matches on TV and PPV in 1994. There's a shitload of them on youtube. Honestly, they had loads and loads of matches. Surprised the feud ever actually ended.

Awesome - any that were particularly good, or were they all the same?

I think 94 era Vader is one of my favourite wrestlers, he just looks ridiculously tough.

• Moderators

Yeah, I like them anyway. All really fun brawls. Actually watched a couple this morning due to this conversation.

Here's a Vader question, why did he start wearing his singlet the wrong way around for a bit? He looked a right tit.

Yeah, I like them anyway. All really fun brawls. Actually watched a couple this morning due to this conversation.

Here's a Vader question, why did he start wearing his singlet the wrong way around for a bit? He looked a right tit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdsgkOwfNEI

Seems like a representative match with a recap before it. Guardian Angel, though, lol - his ring attire is terrible here. He's essentially warming Vader up for a feud with Sting, or Hogan is that right? My WCW knowledge isn't that good.

Race is taking a lot of bumps for someone who's retired at this point, isn't he? Kind of sad to see when you think how fucked he is now.

I might be going mad but wasn't there an episode of Nitro (sometime during the New Blood vs. Millionaires Club storyline) where the referees went on strike so Russo made all the matches count your own pinfall matches? It definitely happened and but i'm unsure on the time period. Might have been around the time of Kanyon & DDP being mates

You are right - it was a Thunder, though, not a Nitro. That was the episode that ended with a big brawl/battle royal, and Randy Savage arriving in a limo to make a surprise one-off comeback.

You absolute hero. I've got in on download now. I remember thinking it was awesome when I was 10 (which means it was most definitely not). Still - EXCITED!

Did British Bulldog ever challenge for the WWE Title as a face? My mind is sketchy around that time. I know he was in the 6 Pack Challenge, and pretty sure he had a couple of WWE Title matches in 99-00 but don't know what side he was on.

• Paid Members

Unless he had a tussle with Flair in early 1992 then I don't think so. His time frames in the fed coincided with face champions mainly. Unless he faced Slaughter somewhere in early '91.

Unless he had a tussle with Flair in early 1992 then I don't think so. His time frames in the fed coincided with face champions mainly. Unless he faced Slaughter somewhere in early '91.

Thanks. Am writing an article on British wrestlers in WWE that I'm hoping will get put on a website, just wanted to double check I had my facts straight.