UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Does anyone know of any cunning ways to get recent episodes of Dragon Gate Infinity?

They used to pop up on certain torrent sites I use, but it's sporadic at the moment and they are often in huge (needlessly so) file sizes. Are there any dedicated sites out there or anything like that? I want to watch this shit every week!

Thanks.

http://www.openthedragongate.com/

That's up to November.

http://www.dailymotion.com/user/Jahmale_Hepburn/1

This guy is up to more date and does playlists of the episodes rather than lining up all the matches yourself.

Who were the two fans who appeared on every televised WWF show in the 1990s? I recall them appearing on many Raw's & PPVs back then and wondered if anyone remembers them. One was hugging Shawn Michaels after his Rumble 1996 victory and when HBK won the belt at Mania. I always got the impression they had WWE connections with the wrestlers.

Don't really know who you're on about, unless its "girl with glitter hearts on her face" and her mate, but I was pleased to hear that pink-shellsuit-man who was always front row for any WWF show in the 90s from the Cleveland area (usually with his wife yellow-shellsuit-woman in tow) made an appearance on Raw from Columbus on Monday, still as orange-skinned as ever. Although I'm told he's finally upgraded to a hoodie.

Probably should of provided a pic.

25q5e2g.jpg

These two. Shawn is talking to one with the Austin shirt and the other guy with glasses and dark skin looks like his mate as they always appeared together on all the PPVs.

Did WWE have any plans in 1991 with Brutus Beefcake? There was a show around Feb time I remember when he played a character called The Mariner or Mystery man and gave Rick Martel a right hammering and then on several occasions beat up Earthquake on TV. I expected him to show up at Mania when the Quake went to go for a second Splash on Valentine but he mysteriously wasent mentioned again.

Edited by iamthedoctor

Who were the two fans who appeared on every televised WWF show in the 1990s? I recall them appearing on many Raw's & PPVs back then and wondered if anyone remembers them. One was hugging Shawn Michaels after his Rumble 1996 victory and when HBK won the belt at Mania. I always got the impression they had WWE connections with the wrestlers.

Don't really know who you're on about, unless its "girl with glitter hearts on her face" and her mate, but I was pleased to hear that pink-shellsuit-man who was always front row for any WWF show in the 90s from the Cleveland area (usually with his wife yellow-shellsuit-woman in tow) made an appearance on Raw from Columbus on Monday, still as orange-skinned as ever. Although I'm told he's finally upgraded to a hoodie.

25q5e2g.jpg

These two. Shawn is talking to one with the Austin shirt and the other guy with glasses and dark skin looks like his mate as they always appeared together on all the PPVs.

Did WWE have any plans in 1991 with Brutus Beefcake? There was a show around Feb time I remember when he played a character called The Mariner or Mystery man and gave Rick Martel a right hammering and then on several occasions beat up Earthquake on TV. I expected him to show up at Mania when the Quake went to go for a second Splash on Valentine but he mysteriously wasent mentioned again.

The dark skinned guy's name is Vladimir, don't know who the other guy is

• Paid Members

Probably just testing out a bit of physicality for Brutus to see if he was ready to start working matches again. The Mariner was never named on TV and never wrestled. It's sometimes mistakenly retconned to "The Man With No Name" in confusion with a gimmick he briefly had in WcW. He was doing The Barber Shop regularly by the end of April.

Don't really know who you're on about, unless its "girl with glitter hearts on her face" and her mate

25q5e2g.jpg

The dark skinned guy's name is Vladimir, don't know who the other guy is

The other guy is called Charlie, he was interviewed on the 'Forever Hardcore' documentary.

I went on two of Mike Johnson's bus trips from New York to the ECW Arena in 2005 & 2006 and spent the whole day with them the second time.

I wasn't shooting questions at them, but picked up on the fact that they were simply really really huge wrestling fans. To the point where Charlie and a group of mates (there are more of them in their group at all of those events, but they aren't as distinctive looking maybe or as bothered about getting seen on camera) would often queue outside MSG all night before tickets went on sale to big events.

I've seen them in the crowd at WWE ppvs around the country, but at any televised house show matches or tv matches where they can be spotted they are all around the New York/Philadelphia/New Jersey area, driving distance from New York.

They still go to a lot of shows, but it's not like the old days anymore when a ringside seat at Madison Square Garden would be $20-30 and it's a lot more expensive to be a superfan.

I saw them both sat in our section at WrestleMania 25, right at the back of the first tier of seats.

• Paid Members

Vladimir turns up on a ton of WCW events too. He's front row when Flair beats Sting to win back the title in 1991. He is also in the front row with ECW's "Hat Guy" at Halloween Havoc 1992. Various others.

Is there a website that tells you which matches are on which WWE DVD sets? Feel like watching Angle v Taker from No Way Out 06 but I've no idea if it's on any of my dvds. I know it's on Youtube but I much prefer to watch stuff on my big tv in DVD quality

• Paid Members
Is there a website that tells you which matches are on which WWE DVD sets? Feel like watching Angle v Taker from No Way Out 06 but I've no idea if it's on any of my dvds. I know it's on Youtube but I much prefer to watch stuff on my big tv in DVD quality

Angle/Taker is featured on the History of the World Heavyweight Championship set.

• Paid Members

Does anyone know what the original plans for Triple H were in 1996, before the whole Curtain Call business at MSG went down? I've read he was pencilled in to become King Of The Ring but where was he going from there? I suppose Shawn Michaels would likely have lobbied for them to headline SummerSlam, or was Shawn vs Vader always the plan?