UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Does anyone know how long events on Box Office stay there on repeat? I obviously watched Wrestlemania live last night but I was slightly sozzled..So a repeat viewing is needed when I have time.

They run every 3 hours (4 for Mania) until the Saturday after the event

Has anyone ever done a top rope crucifix?

Yeah I'm sure they do that shit in lucha all the time. I remember seeing Super Dragon crucifix powerbomb El Generico off the second rope in France.

Yeah, I think the mexicans call it a Splash Mountain.

Thanks for the replies, I should have been clearer: I mean the crucifix pin type (hook the arm, swing around the back of the body and hook the other arm with your legs, fall back for a pin) as opposed to a Splash Mountain.

Was Steve Austin ever mentioned about headlining the PPV Judgment Day 2000? You could tell his neck was bothering him after he struck Vince and WWE never really mentioned him after that until he eventually returned.

Wouldn't have thought so, he was just there to add more buys to Backlash which would've done incredible numbers anyway

I seem to remember Power Slam slagging them off for bringing him back far too early, even if it was just to throw a few chair shots, I've never seen any wrestler so uncomfortable in the ring as Austin when he's trying to stand up, except for Austin himself at Summerslam '97 obviously

To be fair to WWE though, by that point it's not like they could've forced him to do anything he didn't want to, I'm sure it was worth feeling awkward for a few minutes for the extremely tidy pay off he no doubt got, plus it got his face on tv while the product was absolutely red hot

Austin WAS on some advertising material for the PPV - but the posters and art work are done well in advance. It's possible that instead of Backlash, he was originally planned to do his spot there instead.

HHH was on advertising for Vengence 2001 also - the event logos even had the sledgehammers and everything and most were fully expecting him to return, alas, they made the right move holding his return off for MSG on Raw for more eyes to see...

In recent years we've had faces on the WM25 poster who were not even featured on the event too.

• Paid Members
Was Royal Rumble 92 the first time Shawn Michaels was seen on TV as a singles competitor in his new gear?

Yes. He'd by and large been kept off house shows since the Rockers split as well.