UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Yes, he was born in San Fran, but to me Yokozuna was as American as Kane is Spanish.

That's a bit mental, surely. He might have had that American disease where they pretend to be from their granddad's homeland instead of America ("I'm Dutch/Italian/Norwegian" etc) -- which some English people have as well, I went to school with a million pretend Irishmen -- but he was American really, wasn't he? He wasn't just born there and then moved to Samoa or some shite as a kid?

If he was born in the USA and didn't go out of his way to change his nationality then he's a Yank. An American-Samoan ethnically, much like an Italian-American or whatever.

Edited by Dirty Eddie

Big Vito has posted some messages today about his fans being upset about something to do with WWE bullying him / his fans. He's told the fans to calm down and that wearing a dress is the in thing. He even said he'll be making an appearance in the Rumble due to the popularity of the dress.

Fuck's he on about?

Big Vito has posted some messages today about his fans being upset about something to do with WWE bullying him / his fans. He's told the fans to calm down and that wearing a dress is the in thing. He even said he'll be making an appearance in the Rumble due to the popularity of the dress.

Fuck's he on about?

He's probably on about this:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwefeaturepage/turkeys-in-the-ring

• Paid Members

I think it's fucking daft when they do things like that, or that "dullest tag teams" one they did. It's triple-pronged daftness for me -

(1) It reminds you of times the company got it spectacularly wrong. As industry leader, they should at least try and be above such admissions. They always seem to portray an image of "everything is fine, we only make good decisions" in those board meetings / conference calls which always seem to get leaked.

(2) Every now and again, you read one of these and it serves to remind that actually, those times as a whole were better than they are now.

(3) You run the risk of upsetting any strange people who LOVED, for example, Vito in a dress or Mike Adamle.

• Paid Members
(3) You run the risk of upsetting any strange people who LOVED, for example, Vito in a dress or Mike Adamle.

Not to mention the people themselves, who for the most part were doing everything they were doing at WWE's behest. Vito, in particular, has every right to be upset about it in my book, it's a really mean-spirited dig at a guy who was just doing a gimmick like he was told to.

EDIT: Also, it's pretty harsh on Adamle - it takes a lot of balls to accept that you're so shit at your job that they're making that your gimmick, then to run with it as best you can.

Edited by opcws

I watched Sid's first shoot back in 98 with RF last night, and one thing that puzzled me was the fact that he said that he didn't stab Arn Anderson, but actually stabbed himself when he fell over. I've heard or read countless times from various sources that Sid stabbed Arn on numerous occasions? I take it Sid was lying here? Did he ever actually admit what happened? He's a smashing chap by the way, enjoyed both of his shoots, the guy's a riot.

• Paid Members

I'm re-watching every single wrestlemania each week until next years (Very geeky i know) so far i'm up to WM 12 this week, but my question is this.

After only just discovering the bloke from prior Manias, What the hell happened to Todd Pettengill? He was awesome!

It would depend on his contract and the temporary extension he agreed on. I know in 05 when Christian did not renew he walked into TNA straight away within days. However from there they could have changed the clause to have the no compete regardless of expiry release etc. As originally it was only release. I would say most likely no and he wont till the new year sometime