UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
Where's the bestest place to get wrestling gear, like boots and pads etc..?!

For proper wreslting boots, if you search via google "Wrestling boots UK" there is a decent site on there for custom stuff.

As for Pads , (elbow, knee pads) check out A-merchandise website. If your after custom stuff, they also offer this :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Anyone know where I can download last nights Raw? My Sky box screwed up, and XtremeWrestlingTorrents seems to be down. My IP isnt letting me get access to PWT either :(

• Paid Members

Speaking of torrents, I downloaded an Atsushi Onita compilation off XWT the other day. Having not watched FMW in a long, long time, it got me wondering. Have there been any explosion matches held in Japan recently? Powerslam ran an article on a pretty high profile one that took place about five or six years ago, so that's the last one that springs to mind.

Just going through the F4W audio archives for last month and I can't find the interview Bryan Alvarez talked about doing with Violent J about the JCW iPPV.

Have I missed it or has it not been done yet?

Speaking of torrents, I downloaded an Atsushi Onita compilation off XWT the other day. Having not watched FMW in a long, long time, it got me wondering. Have there been any explosion matches held in Japan recently? Powerslam ran an article on a pretty high profile one that took place about five or six years ago, so that's the last one that springs to mind.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the last explosion match in Japan was the one between former WWE'er Kenzo Suzuki and king of parody Sanshiro Takagi in 2006. Here is my review of it:

WRESTLE EXPO on Samurai TV - August 20, 2006, Tokyo - (2 hrs)

August 20, 2006, Tokyo - Waterfront Subcenter Event Space (1,600 fans)

7. Kenzo Suzuki -vs- Sanshiro Takagi - (No Rope Exploding Barbed Wire Death Match) [** 3/4]

--- It's nice to see a Exploding Barbed Wire Death Match again. It brings back memories of the glory days of Onita and FMW. Except here it was done by two of Japan's main "entertainment" wrestlers. Takagi the owner of DDT, the ultimate parody company, and Suzuki, a former WWE comedy superstar. But at least they had the decency to be serious for a match like this. And it exceeded every expectation. And because this type of match isn't overdone in this day an age (this is the year of the Light Tubes), it was a pleasent change. And it wasn't that much different to how Onita would have done it. Minus the all important over-dramatic selling though. But hey! It's Kenzo and Takagi we're talking about. It took a few minutes before the first explosion happend as they started out by just teasing. Kenzo's wife Hiroko was doing TV commentary while the match was going on and in some strange way it helped the drama as she would scream scared for her husband everytime he was in danger of getting blown up. Takagi was the first to go into the exploding barbed wire and they did the gimmick that the lights went out because of the electricution, so they wrestled in the dark a little while. They did the same the second time which was Suzuki's turn with Takagi ducking a big boot and pushing the big man into the fireworks. But after that they had the power-failure under control like when both fell into barbed wire together and the big explosion spot when they in an adrenaline rush were going to do a running body challenge on each other without thinking about the stipulation ran into a massive double-explosion with a cat like scream coming from Hiroko. This did include some actual wrestling done in a very strong style way. I must say I liked Suzuki's work. Sure he's not the most emotional character and it's hard to take him all that serious after the things he's done in the last few years, but he had/has potential much thanks to his size and I felt that he showed that he can in this match. Love his jumping knee to the face! And the big brainbuster that ended it all also looked nice. Suzuki is a superstar!

13:09 of 15:45 - Suzuki pinned Takagi after a brainbuster

--PUNQ--