UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Didnt the story go that Matt Striker disrespected Shawn Michaels (good money is on pulling the microphone away from him or interupting him) and when Benoit, Guerrero and Bob Holly found out they made him do squats infront of them until they said so. To be fair, apparently the bloke who murdered his family was the most calm out of the three.

I think it was a backstage thing, it was while Striker was pretty new to the company and was still a wrestler. I remember hearing that Striker upset Eddie Guerrero. In Holly's shoot interview, he seemed to like Striker now and reckoned that people just took him the wrong way when he was new. Which in wrestling terms probably means that you're allowed to be a big twat once you've put a few years in.

Brian Kendrick and Paul London also told a story on their shoot that when they announced that Benoit was dead, everyone went into a quiet/reflecting shock apart from Matt Striker who dropped to his knees and went "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!".

I loved that. I genuinely think the London/Kendrick interview is the best one of its kind. Wrestler's Court being petty shite, Matt Striker being a wailing woman, Jamie Noble and Chris Benoit making plans to wank in a wardrobe... There's just so much good stuff on there that we never really hear about from anyone else in the modern wrestling world because most wrestlers are wanting to stay in WWE's good books.

• Moderators
TV where?

Any country in any form on whatever channel, not internet or podcast or whatever other then on actual tv

You are aware that the question you asked is pretty much unanswerable? I found some Wrestling TV from Brazil on archive.org, and there's all kinds of promotions worldwide.

So Striker's a loudmouth twat in real- life, then?

Of course he is. You can see his role as NXT host is way too natural for him. Last week when he tried to interrupt Cody Rhodes, I wish Cody had pimp-slapped him. Another good Striker story, I can't remember the specifics, it was at a fan event like Axxess or something, and Striker was being creepy by constantly mentioning his availability and hitting on all the women in attendance.

• Paid Members
How did WWF explain having Tazz and JR hit eachother over the face with glass jars in August 2000, and then in December, have them commentate Rebellion together?

They didn't.

As it was only an unimportant UK PPV, WWF didn't feel the need to bring up JR and Tazz's feud. It's not like it's the first time (or last) that two bitter enemies have become working partners or even friends in the wrestling world.

JR mentioned right at the start that Commissioner (sp?) Foley had sat them down and told them to 'be professional'. That is as close to an explaination as was given.

When did WWF/WWE last do a "dusty finish"? The last one I can remember is Benoit vs. The Rock but that was 10 years ago, I'm sure they must have done plenty since?

I'm not 100% on this, but didn't they do one with RVD and the Undisputed Title on Raw in 2002? Think it was over The Undertaker.

When did WWF/WWE last do a "dusty finish"? The last one I can remember is Benoit vs. The Rock but that was 10 years ago, I'm sure they must have done plenty since?

I'm not 100% on this, but didn't they do one with RVD and the Undisputed Title on Raw in 2002? Think it was over The Undertaker.

Did they not do it last year with Undertaker and C.M.Punk at Survivor Series?

Or am I getting my insider terms mixed up?

I know this has been asked before but i honestly can't find it:

What exactly happened on that 'Byte This' edition with the heartthrobs? I assume they're release was to do with it & the cancellation of the show

• Paid Members
I know this has been asked before but i honestly can't find it:

What exactly happened on that 'Byte This' edition with the heartthrobs? I assume they're release was to do with it & the cancellation of the show

I've heard two stories. The first being that they basically stripped Todd Grisham down to his pants without planning it ahead of the program. The second story was that they did some blind date segment where the questions were asked were a little graphic for WWE, considering the fact they were beginning to turn into a PG product. Both stories could be wrong so don't shoot me down if i'm wrong.

Did they not do it last year with Undertaker and C.M.Punk at Survivor Series?

Or am I getting my insider terms mixed up?

Not at Survivor Series, but they did do it with Undertaker at Punk at one of the PPVs last year (Breaking Point I think). The Undertaker-Edge feud in 2008 did it as well at least once. And that mini-tournament for the "vacant" Intercontinental title on Smackdown a few weeks back had a dusty finish, really.

Edited by Pityinthecityofsin

So Striker's a loudmouth twat in real- life, then?

Of course he is. You can see his role as NXT host is way too natural for him. Last week when he tried to interrupt Cody Rhodes, I wish Cody had pimp-slapped him. Another good Striker story, I can't remember the specifics, it was at a fan event like Axxess or something, and Striker was being creepy by constantly mentioning his availability and hitting on all the women in attendance.

well when u have a cock like a coke can you can be creepy as u like.

When did WWE start demanding exclusivity of their wrestlers? I remember in Mick Foley's first book he mentioned they were allowed to book indie dates on their days off, I think he got injured on one just before a big WWF match (possibly the Mind Games match with Michaels).