UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Moderators

It's not claimed at all. It still was. Thursday afternoons.

It's a Questions thread. Don't Guess answers. If you don't know, don't say anything. People will take your posts far more seriously then.

Edited by ButchReedMark

• Paid Members

Does any one in the UK use a quote from terminator when they come out in the music or whatever?

Namely the "It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear" bit. It induced a thought of some show some where and I don't know why.

Edited by Tommy!

• Awards Moderator

I've been reminded by another thread of something I've been meaning to ask for ages, but there is a good chance that nobody will have online access to it:

In the lead-up to Wrestlemania IX, did my young eyes see a montage of the Bret Hart/Yokozuna build-up with Aretha Franklin's Respect being used as the background music, then with a Bret Hart promo talking over the instrumental? I've looked on YouTube with zero success, but for some reason whenever I hear that song, the second the instrumental kicks in I hear Hart say "... and Yokozuna", then my mind goes blank. I need to know what the rest of that promo is. It did happen, right?

• Paid Members
I've been reminded by another thread of something I've been meaning to ask for ages, but there is a good chance that nobody will have online access to it:

In the lead-up to Wrestlemania IX, did my young eyes see a montage of the Bret Hart/Yokozuna build-up with Aretha Franklin's Respect being used as the background music, then with a Bret Hart promo talking over the instrumental? I've looked on YouTube with zero success, but for some reason whenever I hear that song, the second the instrumental kicks in I hear Hart say "... and Yokozuna", then my mind goes blank. I need to know what the rest of that promo is. It did happen, right?

It's moments like this that having taped all that shit in the 90s, logged it all meticulously, then converted it to DVD in the 2000s pays off:

EDIT: Christ, that music copyright filter doesn't hang about. Have left it uploading to DailyMotion overnight instead. Will post the link tomorrow, but in the meantime try searching for "Bret Hart video for UKFF".

Edited by JNLister

• Awards Moderator

Lister, you absolute legend of a man. I've searched DailyMotion and the video isn't up yet, but after waiting over 15 years to rid myself of the mental torture, I'll happily wait until a bit later.

Thank you very, very much :thumbsup:

Does anyone have a youtube link for the character that Brutus Beefcake played for a couple of weeks in the early nineties where he would do a run in and save the face under some sort of mask?

I was talking about it the other day and i can't remember a name hence why i can't find any footage.

• Paid Members
I was talking about it the other day and i can't remember a name hence why i can't find any footage.

Tried searching for you, but there were absolutely no videos out there.

I don't think Beefcake had an official name using the gimmick. It was very short-lived.