UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

The WWE wrestler whose face was blurred out who chatted briefly to some of the TNA stars and did the 3 Live Kru sign at Turning Point `04 (well, the "WWE Invasion" video that was broadcast at TP, I should say): that was Rey Mysterio, right?

I'm sure I recognised his "Aaliyah" tattoo when I watched the PPV recently, but just wanted to make sure. I wonder why TNA bothered to blur his mush, seen as how WWE would have us believe we've never seen Rey without his mask anyway...

Edited by Jimmy Rammstein

The WWE wrestler whose face was blurred out who chatted briefly to some of the TNA stars and did the 3 Live Kru sign at Turning Point `04 (well, the "WWE Invasion" video that was broadcast at TP, I should say): that was Rey Mysterio, right?

I'm sure I recognised his "Aaliyah" tattoo when I watched the PPV recently, but just wanted to make sure. I wonder why TNA bothered to blur his mush, seen as how WWE would have us believe we've never seen Rey without his mask anyway...

Wasnt just to cover the legally or something along them line? And it was rey, last time i checked he had his mask on with a wig on top, as they were in the studios film the promo for one of the royal rumbles from a few years back, was it the west side story themed promo?

But bar that im guessing that if they showed WWE guys on tna tv, WWE would sue the hell out of them, on what grounds i dont know, but im sure its that sort of thing.

• Paid Members

What was the WWF event where Big Boss Man cuffed Dusty Rhodes to the ropes and beat ten bags of crap out of him with his night stick?

I remember seeing it live and then again a few years later on VHS, was the VHS version of whatever event it was shorter than the live version?

Sorry, I sold all my old Coliseum vids years ago, so I couldn't go back for reference.

Thanks.

What was the WWF event where Big Boss Man cuffed Dusty Rhodes to the ropes and beat ten bags of crap out of him with his night stick?

I remember seeing it live and then again a few years later on VHS, was the VHS version of whatever event it was shorter than the live version?

Sorry, I sold all my old Coliseum vids years ago, so I couldn't go back for reference.

Thanks.

I think its Survivor Series 1989, but i'm not 100% sure.

Was Survivor Series 1991 the first PPV that Hulk Hogan wrestled for the WWF Championship that was not put on as the last match of the night?

Also was there any reason for this? except to give the WWF more time to promote the Tuesday PPV.

Partly for that, and so they could have a babyface win the last match to let the crowd go on a high.

Wasnt just to cover the legally or something along them line? And it was rey, last time i checked he had his mask on with a wig on top, as they were in the studios film the promo for one of the royal rumbles from a few years back, was it the west side story themed promo?

But bar that im guessing that if they showed WWE guys on tna tv, WWE would sue the hell out of them, on what grounds i dont know, but im sure its that sort of thing.

Well, they showed Robbie of the Highlanders in the crowd once, but really, who would give a shit about that.

Anyone remember an official reason why Scott Steiner was released from WWE? He started off poorly, but I thought he found his groove in the upper midcard feuding with Test, and he was solid enough in the Survivor Series 03 match.

• Paid Members

I've managed to coincide my weekend getaway to London with my girlfriend with Wrestlemania and since i've watched Wrestlemania live since I was 11 this is annoying me a bit. The hotel we're at (President, Russell Square) says it gets PPV Movies but doesn't mention sport events. It also says it gets cable and satellite so i'm not sure. Anybody here know if hotels generally get PPV events or if i'll have to avoid spoilers for 2 or 3 days and watch a repeat.

• Awards Moderator

The easiest, cheapest and best thing to do is have a barney with her the Thursday before, then make up with her sometime around Tuesday morning.

Seriously though, I was in a similar situation a while back and no, hotels tend not to order bespoke Box Office events for individual rooms so you will probably have to avoid spoilers for a few days. Or dump her. Dumping her would be easy.