UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
Sorry if its already been asked....When someone wins the WWE or World Title does he get money of that stature and is it all the same for everyone. As in, when say Khali won, did he get the same "Champion" wage as Mysterio, Edge, HBK?Not including individual contracts but a set amount added whenever someone wins the Big One? Sorry if its not clear...makes kinda sense in my head!!

You don't get more simply for being champion as such, but assuming you're in main events you'll get the highest level of payoff on the card. Payoffs for house shows and PPVs are based on a loose formula which taken into account position on the card and how well it draws. (TV pays a flat, very small, rate.)

In theory Khali main eventing would get the same payoff per show as somebody else in the same slot, but it's at WWE's discretion. For example, they might decide that even though you are champ and main eventing, the HHH-Orton "undercard" match is suddenly a key part of the show drawing and you won't get as much extra as they would if the positions were reversed. Similarly if you're suddenly champ and defend it on a run with Cena, the office may decide he's the real draw in the match and pay him more. And it's also possible that if shows aren't drawing well, bigger stars on the undercard could make more from their downside guarantee than you get from your variable main event payoffs.

Historically the main event used to pay much more (for example, on a PPV the main event would get as much as six times the semi-main event and maybe 20 times the lowest undercard match), but I suspect the pay for the top few matches is closer together these days.

One benefit of being champ is that you do traditionally get bumped up to first class when flying on the company dime.

• Paid Members

Can any one help me identify a wrestler. As a child my mom got me a signed photo when a wrestler stayed in the hotel she worked at by where I live and I wonder if any one can help.

The last name looks like Elliott, the first starts with a B but thats all I can make out. He's doing a Nasty Boy's gimmick. I assume he was a UK chap but have no idea if he was in the Midlands for work or pleasure. This would have been late 90's/very early 2000's say, as I must have had an interest in wrestling.

Many Thanks

Edited by Tommy!

Can any one help me identify a wrestler. As a child my mom got me a signed photo when a wrestler stayed in the hotel she worked at by where I live and I wonder if any one can help.

The last name looks like Elliott, the first starts with a B but thats all I can make out. He's doing a Nasty Boy's gimmick. I assume he was a UK chap but have no idea if he was in the Midlands for work or pleasure. This would have been late 90's/very early 2000's say, as I must have had an interest in wrestling.

Many Thanks

Sounds like Brad Elliott.

• Paid Members

Many Thanks

Sounds like Brad Elliott.

Yeah, he was doing that gimmick when I saw him on an All-Star show in 2001.

• Paid Members
Why is Kevin Nash suddenly so popular?

He isnt. A few people on here think he's the coolest fucker on the planet, but outside myself, Loki, Butch, Carbomb and a few others, he still get's the same shit from Meltzer, Power Slam and everyone else. I've loved him since he was Diesel and embarrassingly went through a period of pretending to be a mix of him and Scott Hall when I was 14 at school.

I think when he did the Paparazzi gimmick, everyone thought it was the funniest thing they'd ever seen. That might have made people raise their fists and yell in the name of Big Kev.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart