UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Ventura was still on the Starrcade set wasn't he? And maybe one or two others. They must have came to some one-off agreement there. But yeah, it's mostly Schiavone talking to himself whenever WCW matches from 92/93 pop up.

• Paid Members
The famous Savage/Bret vs Flair/Michaels match has Jim Ross commentating, doubly strange because Savage is the world champ and Bret the IC champ in the match, but Ross talks about Bret as a former World champ on commentary.

The tape that featured that particular tag match, Bashed In The USA, was released in the States in June 1993. By the time Ross sat down to record the commentary for that match (and viewers would see the tape), Bret was a former WWF Champion in "real time." It's weird, but it's no weirder than the very fact of Jim Ross commentating on matches that dedicated fans would know took place ages before he was actually employed by the WWF.

Besides, those Coliseum tapes are packed with instances of the commentators half-arsing it, not paying attention to logic or generally spouting bollocks. In a match between Tito Santana and Rick Martel on (I think) the UK Fan Favourites tape, Ross says he can remember a couple of shots "each man had when the other was Intercontinental Champion" - that being a belt The Model never fucking held.

Better yet, and I've mentioned this in other threads past, in one of the 40 Man Battle Royals (possibly, coincidentally, the one on the Bashed In The USA tape), Al Hays says "I can still see Hacksaw Jim Duggan flailing away in there." Duggan wasn't in from the fucking start!

Basically - Coliseum, don't take it too seriously. They didn't.

Just read on Wikipedia that there have only ever been five Inferno Matches and Kane has been in four of them. I can only remember Kane/Undertaker, Kane/Triple H and Kane/MVP.

Any idea who was in the other two?

Taker and Mankind had one on Raw before Vince was unveiled as the Higher Power didn't they?

I'm going to the summerslam axxess thing on Sunday, and I want to see how much extra cash I need to bring. It was $25 for the ticket. How much can I expect to pay for signings/photos with the wrestlers? Presumably it's not covered by the price of admission.

When do tickets usually go on sale for the April WWE tour? Specifically the TV tapings

Usually the April tour tickets go on sale a week or two after the November tour finishes. I'm sure details will be posted on here somewhere around that time so keep your eyes peeled.