UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Just saw that the WWE Youtube channel just posted

. I see he's clutching a big fuck-off "Rambo" knife.

Did I imagine it when I'm sure I read that Marc Mero was supposed to feud with him, but didn't like the fact Windham was supposed to simulate slashing Sable's throat? Am I mental? Did the "Stalker" gimmick get toned down? Cheers.

I have a question spurned from the C/D show thread. Back in 2000 and i'm sure around xmas holiday time (would have been Jan/Feb of 2000) I recall seeing WCW on ITV I think. Now at the time I have no idea what show it was or why it was on but I assume it was WCW Nitro or Thunder. All I remeber is them showing Hogan in red and yellow getting a kicking by some people and then not be able to make the main event. However during the main event he marches out and helps clear house.

I know that could be any Hulk Hogan moment but it was the only time I saw WCW on a terrestrial channel and it couldnt have been channel 5 as we didnt get it here back then.

Any ideas what it was or why it was randomly on ITV during the day?

Edited by simonworden

• Paid Members
Just saw that the WWE Youtube channel just posted
. I see he's clutching a big fuck-off "Rambo" knife.

Did I imagine it when I'm sure I read that Marc Mero was supposed to feud with him, but didn't like the fact Windham was supposed to simulate slashing Sable's throat? Am I mental? Did the "Stalker" gimmick get toned down? Cheers.

I read that most likely on Wikipedia so i don't know how much truth is in it.

Didn't he appear when they started using gimmick jobbers like Who and Salvatore and just got lumbered in with them.

The Goon (almost played by Jericho) and Freddie Joe Floyd too. And TL Hopper. I think the influx of shit newcomers around that time might have been part of the reason why Rocky Maivia was received badly, but my timeline might be off there.

Was there a spell when the cameras would focus on Head Bangers fans in full costume, similar to how they did with Undertaker's "creatures of the night"?

• Paid Members

This one?

tumblr_mga5qjN6Dp1qzx70zo1_1280.png

I think this is as close as you are getting. Pillman was in to custom jewellery (like the Hollywood Blondes chain he gave Austin, that he still wears) that he'd buy himself, so I dont think it was ever commercially available.

That wasn't the official Horsemen logo either. That was his own version of it which he'd put on his tights and t-shirts.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Pillman was in to custom jewellery (like the Hollywood Blondes chain he gave Austin, that he still wears)

Wasn't the story about the domestic incident with Debra that she'd broken the chain while they were arguing, and that sent Austin nuts?

• Paid Members
That wasn't the official Horsemen logo either. That was his own version of it which he'd put on his tights and t-shirts.

Benoit and Malenko used it as well. It's a cool design.

Did you end up with a tattoo of that in a bet or did you make some one else get one in a bet.

Or have I made all that up?

I think this is as close as you are getting. Pillman was in to custom jewellery (like the Hollywood Blondes chain he gave Austin, that he still wears) that he'd buy himself, so I dont think it was ever commercially available.

Thanks mate, that's the one I was looking for. Just a shame it was custom made. I have noticed a few Four Horsemen logos (on t-shirts) that were used in WCW and the one WWE created for the DVD on the group, but it was the Pilman design I was after.

82267.jpg

Four_Horsemen_professional_wrestling_logo.jpg

9b6701a1.jpg