UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Does anyone own the Region 1 Pioneer release of ECW Heatwave 98. If so, does it have all the original entrances or are they cut out or even edited with shitty techno-dubbing like the Delta release?

I have the Delta Heatwave 98 release and there is no dubbing on it, all original music!
Good stuff. I thought all Delta releases had the techno dubbing. Thanks for the advice. will save me a few quid.
I have all of the Delta releases, and IIRC all of the PPVs up to and including Anarchy Rulz 2000 have original music on them (albeit poor quality on the 1997 shows) all others have the techno overdub...

• Paid Members

I'm sure its been asked before but is something up with silvervision and has it been made clear what it is?Like I say I'm sure its been asked but I couldn't see with a quick search.

I'm sure its been asked before but is something up with silvervision and has it been made clear what it is?Like I say I'm sure its been asked but I couldn't see with a quick search.

they put a statement up on facebook today saying that the reason the wrestlemania, clash of the champions and ecw sets were taken off pre order was due to a production issue, they have refunded everyone who had pre ordered the sets and offered an apology but no word whether they will be back on eventually

Does anyone own the Region 1 Pioneer release of ECW Heatwave 98. If so, does it have all the original entrances or are they cut out or even edited with shitty techno-dubbing like the Delta release?

I have the Delta Heatwave 98 release and there is no dubbing on it, all original music!
Good stuff. I thought all Delta releases had the techno dubbing. Thanks for the advice. will save me a few quid.
I have all of the Delta releases, and IIRC all of the PPVs up to and including Anarchy Rulz 2000 have original music on them (albeit poor quality on the 1997 shows) all others have the techno overdub...
Is there any reason why ECW were putting out DVDs so early?

• Paid Members

Delta were releasing ECW DVDs for a while after ECW folded if I remember. I got one for my birthday as a "he likes wrestling, he'll like that DVD with the bloke with the bambo stick in his hand" present in about 2003.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

I remember a few shops selling ECW DVDs in the early 00s. I think some were selling them in the year 2000 at least, when the ECW games were out. We still have a couple of shops that sell ECW DVDs, and a shop that sells loads of old WWF magazines. They're clearly not shifting.Does anyone know where I can find a Pure Dynamite eBook, or does one not exist?

The Pioneer one actually cuts the entrances altogether on Heatwave 98 - was one of the first DVds I got when I bought a multi-region player back in the day.

they put a statement up on facebook today saying that the reason the wrestlemania, clash of the champions and ecw sets were taken off pre order was due to a production issue, they have refunded everyone who had pre ordered the sets and offered an apology but no word whether they will be back on eventually
I stated in the DVD bargain thread that the DVDs hadn't even been rated by the BBFC on their website.I don't know if that is still the case, but usually by now, they have.I do not believe their statement but am happy to see they have given refunds.

Why did Hulk Hogan leave wwe in 2003? I know he left in 02 cos of his mania 18 payoff was low or something, but he just vanished mid Mr America and didnt appear again til 2005.Was around the same time in 03 as 02 so was his mania 19 payoff shit aswell?

• Paid Members

Why did Hulk Hogan leave wwe in 2003? I know he left in 02 cos of his mania 18 payoff was low or something, but he just vanished mid Mr America and didnt appear again til 2005.Was around the same time in 03 as 02 so was his mania 19 payoff shit aswell?

You sort of have it the wrong way around.Hogan was in WWE from January-August 2002. He didn't come back until January 2003. He was scheduled back sooner than January as he lobbied to be the one to defeat Brock Lesnar and take the WWE Undisputed Title apparently (which is why Hogan let Lesnar fucking maul him on that August Smackdown match). He left WWE again in June 2003 during his Mr. America gimmick because he wasn't happy with his Wrestlemania XIX payoff, which I think was around $150,000. Quite low for a Hogan payoff and so he believed as well. Don't think Hogan ever worked as a regular after that in WWE and just stuck to his special appearances. Edited by Chilli_Dog

• Paid Members

The Pioneer one actually cuts the entrances altogether on Heatwave 98 - was one of the first DVds I got when I bought a multi-region player back in the day.
Those Pioneer releases were dreadful altogether I thought. Barely Legal was particularly shocking.