UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
Is Jake Roberts clean these days? I notice on his Wiki that he entered into the rehab programme WWE started offering in 2007 but was curious to see if he was still sober/drug-free.

I could be wrong but I think he came out of rehab and immediately fell into his old habits. There was definitely one show right after it where he got so fucked up that his opponent ended up just forcing him down and pinning him really early into the match. Another wrestler ran out to try and get Jake to DDT him and send the fans home happy but Jake was too fucked up to do that as well.

If I remember right Jake claimed he'd been spiked before the show but other people said, that at a previous show, he was asking every black person he met if they could get him some crack.

Found a link to a more detailed report/

Edited by unfitfinlay

• Paid Members

That was years ago, that. From what I've read, he's pretty much better than he has been. He hasnt been in WWE rehab for a few years now, so thats a plus. He does daft little circus type shows with Kizarny at night club and comedy clubs these days, so he's not wrestling anymore.

He should be in the Hall of Fame. Surprised it never happened last year in Georgia, but I suppose they want to wait until they can guarentee he wont be sick on Kevin Dunne or something.

Just started watching Starrcade 86 it starts with a strap match between Rick Rude and Wahoo Mcdaniel this comes on before the opening of the show was it on the original broadcast and what was the build to the match? Also Rude was already ravishing but who's idea if not Rude's were the hip wiggling and the "cut the music" speech?

• Paid Members
Didn't Wrestlemania 3 have a musical montage at the end of it? I'm almost sure all of the 'Mania events have had an ending like that.

You're right actually: 1-3 had still-shot montages on the video releases. For 1 at least, the montage is on the live closed circuit broadcast which is quite impressive for the era.

Does anybody know what sort of attendance they get in the IMPACT Zone these days? Just seem's alot less than usual the past few months

I imagine the time of year means there's less visitors at the park so what you're left with are the people that go there specifically for TNA and a smaller number of tourists than you'd get during the summer.