UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Anyone got any links to forums where the TNA "Krucial Krew" or other Impact Zone tuggers discuss TNA wrestlers saying they wish Impact would be taken on the road?

Ha haa, they are the kind of dweebs you prey on!

If you find a forum and start posting there pass us a link so we can see you tearing them to shreds over their beliefs.

Quick question, what do WWF VHS tapes sell for? I have WrestleMania XVI and XVII plus the WrestleMania I - XV boxset fully in tact and good working order. I know they're considered collectible due to the old WWF scratch logo, but wanted to know if E-Bay prices were what you'd expect or are they unfairly saturated with the price reflective of this.

Random thought rolling on from current events but did Savage ever wrestle Roddy Piper in WCW ? Sounds like an obvious yes but the more i thought about it the less and less i can actually pinpoint anything.

Yes, at The Great American Bash 1998, after they lost a tag team match to Hollywood Hogan and Bret Hart. The match lasted less than two minutes, with Piper winning.

• Paid Members
Quick question, what do WWF VHS tapes sell for? I have WrestleMania XVI and XVII plus the WrestleMania I - XV boxset fully in tact and good working order. I know they're considered collectible due to the old WWF scratch logo, but wanted to know if E-Bay prices were what you'd expect or are they unfairly saturated with the price reflective of this.

When they first did the name change I'd go to car boot sales & charity shops & I'd find loads of vids for like 50p-

Edited by Pritt Stick Licker

Did the WWF/E use a bigger ring back in the 80's compared to today? Watching the Macho Man DVD (Savage vs Steamboat at Boston Garden) and noticed that the ring looked a lot bigger, although it may just be the elevated camera angle?

I've noticed this too. Particuarly before 1988. This doesn't answer your question, but I remember reading that WCW rings were a different size to wWF's, also with ropes which felt different, so maybe it's possible different sizes weren't unusual

• Paid Members

Why has King Kong Bundy had such s patchy career? he seems like he was over as a star heel during the rock and wrestling era, then he left WWF (when he was only 31!) in 1988 and then only had another really short run a few years later.

Anyone know what happened? It's possible that he wasn't as big a star as I'm imagining and his catchy name and iconic appearance make him more memorable than his in ring work but he seems interesting and I'd like to know more about his career. I get the feeling people are surprised by how young he was. What's he up to now? (from Bret's book) he seems like a cracking bloke too.

Why has King Kong Bundy had such s patchy career? he seems like he was over as a star heel during the rock and wrestling era, then he left WWF (when he was only 31!) in 1988 and then only had another really short run a few years later.

Anyone know what happened? It's possible that he wasn't as big a star as I'm imagining and his catchy name and iconic appearance make him more memorable than his in ring work but he seems interesting and I'd like to know more about his career. I get the feeling people are surprised by how young he was. What's he up to now? (from Bret's book) he seems like a cracking bloke too.

If u readbrets book Bret explains it was because bundy made his money and went home.

I read a few months ago in Powerslam about the Taker v Mankind HIAC match, that both the big spots in that match (Foley off the cell and Foley through the cell) were planned. But just been reading another board and a guy is adamant that Foley going through the cell was unplanned and that Funk coming down to get chokeslammed out of his shoes was to allow Foley recovery time.

Who is correct here?

• Paid Members
I read a few months ago in Powerslam about the Taker v Mankind HIAC match, that both the big spots in that match (Foley off the cell and Foley through the cell) were planned. But just been reading another board and a guy is adamant that Foley going through the cell was unplanned and that Funk coming down to get chokeslammed out of his shoes was to allow Foley recovery time.

Who is correct here?

It was planned. It's in Foley's book. Funk coming down was of course to allow Foley recovery time, but that was probably planned too.

Tell your mate to think about that moment where that section of the cell roof buckled a little under Undertaker's foot : if they weren't planning to go through, there is no way they'd have been stupid enough to go near that panel again.

• Paid Members
It was planned. It's in Foley's book. Funk coming down was of course to allow Foley recovery time, but that was probably planned too.

In his book I swear he claims that the bump through the cell was unplanned. I find that hard to believe though.

He says Funk took the chokeslam to bide some time, but I dont think that was planned at all. Just a veteran using his brain.

dont know if this is the right place but didnt want to make a new thread - but how the hell do i use my 15% discount at wweeuroshop.com? ive had it for a while (got it with wwe allstars) and i want to buy a few bits but cant see anywhere to enter it.

if i dont get a reply by 9am i will just ring them and do it over the phone i guess.