UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

4 stars each? Was i the only one who though the match was.....well........shit?

I didn't enjoy it either, and I was surrounded 800 people going batshit crazy. I know I'm in the minority, but I just thought it was a series of (well executed) moves.

• Paid Members

I'm going to TNA Sacrifice in Orlando next month as I'm on holiday there anyway, but I don't follow TNA at all. Does anyone know of any rumored matches on the card? Any chance of Hogan fighting?

• Paid Members
I'm going to TNA Sacrifice in Orlando next month as I'm on holiday there anyway, but I don't follow TNA at all. Does anyone know of any rumored matches on the card? Any chance of Hogan fighting?

I'd be very surprised to see any kind of Hogan physicality. Unless it's all a HUGE sweve, he's pretty much crippled up at the moment following his surgeries - even to the point he's worn his back brace out to the ring for promos a few times. Considering how closely guarding he is over his image, I'd very much doubt he'd do that unless he really was struggling.

They're clearly building to, or at least leading us to believe they're building to, Hogan and Sting somewhere down the line. Hogan's back brace he's been wearing to the ring is for gimmick purposes only, first of all you wouldn't wear a surgical brace over a t-shirt...

• Paid Members
Just been browsing the Raw Superstars page on wwe.com and realised I had totally forgotten about Skip Sheffield. Anyone know when he's due back from injury?

He was in Atlanta at WrestleMania weekend, he must be due back about now as I think it was September/October he got injured... it's probably storyline dependent.

What was the deal with ECW Heatwave 1997? did it ever get a release as I have yet to find it anywhere online

It definitely wasn't released officially. The Delta releases over here did all of the ppvs to start with, and then a dozen or so non-ppv events from 1995 to 1999 but HeatWave 1997 was not one of them.

Just been browsing the Raw Superstars page on wwe.com and realised I had totally forgotten about Skip Sheffield. Anyone know when he's due back from injury?

He was in Atlanta at WrestleMania weekend,

He was shown in the audience alongside the other Nexus guys at the Hall Of Fame.

I think the US got way less official DVD releases than we did.

If you search for ECW Region 1 dvds online there only ever seems to be 4 or 5 events and 4 or 5 compilations (like Best of Dudleyz, Best of Cactus Jack, Deep Impact, Extreme Evolution, etc) that show up, compared to the 30-odd that were released by Delta over here.

• Paid Members

I searched for a copy of Hostile City Showdown '99 for quite a while, but gave up a few years ago. Only result Youtube throws up is a Dawn Marie / Francine swimsuit contest. I believe this show had the first flaming table spot.

Pointless at this stage asking for any help, but here's the card if it manages to jog someone's memory.

Rhino pinned Christopher Daniels.

Spike Dudley pinned Rhino.

Skull Von Crush pinned Lance Diamond.

Danny Doring & Amish Roadkill beat Nova & Chris Chetti when Amish Roadkill pinned Nova.

El Mosco pinned David Cash.

Little Guido pinned Super Crazy.

ECW Champ Taz beat Yoshihiro Tajiri via submission.

ECW TV Champ Rob Van Dam pinned Balls Mahoney.

Justin Credible & Lance Storm beat Sabu & Jerry Lynn in a "death" match when Storm pinned Lynn.

Is there anywhere that gives reviews of say pre 1985 wrestling. I.e bob backlunds title run & feuds? Interested in knowing how they kept lengthy reigns fresh back then.