UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

I feel let down by the fact no-one gave the go ahead to Patterson's suggestion.

Steamer's alternate Fatality would have been Liu Kang's dragon morph, OBVIOUSLY.

0574.dragon.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

• Moderators
Has there been a World Champion in any of the major US promotions in the past 25 years that has either been a heel or a face for their entire career and have never turned? The only one I can think of is The Ultimate Warrior, unless he was heel earlier in his career.

Was Ricky Steamboat ever a heel?

Dearly Mental Dexter would know, but I think he played heel for a bit in roh. The crowd in TNA turned him heel as well with the Ron Killings angle in 2002.

• Paid Members

Steamboat wasnt really a heel in ROH, its just that when he voiced his opinion, eschewing hardcore wrestling in favour of actual wrestling in heated debate with Mick Foley, a lot of the ROHbots sided with Foley. Neither was actually heel, nor the teams they managed against each other.

That was the big problem with ROH for a while, apart from Punk no fucker was a heel.

Has there been a World Champion in any of the major US promotions in the past 25 years that has either been a heel or a face for their entire career and have never turned? The only one I can think of is The Ultimate Warrior, unless he was heel earlier in his career.

Was Vince Russo ever a face? Was David Arquette ever a heel?

David Arquette turned heel at Slamboree and Vince Russo was a babyface in TNA for a bit.

Oh well. I thought there was a fair chance Russo would've been a face in the early days of TNA when they were running their weekly PPVs. Had Arquette down for a cert though.

• Paid Members

Arquette handed the belt to Jarratt, ushering in a whole near era of sillyness. In the seven months between that show and the year's end, the title changed hands a further ten times in seven months. Farcical. Even TNA wouldn't do that....

• Moderators

David Arquette turned heel at Slamboree and Vince Russo was a babyface in TNA for a bit.

Oh well. I thought there was a fair chance Russo would've been a face in the early days of TNA when they were running their weekly PPVs. Had Arquette down for a cert though.

Yeah, Russo was the face "DOA" in 2004 replacing Erik Watts, then Dusty won a poll to find a new DOA and Russo was out.

Edited by ButchReedMark

Put me in the Nitro camp too. Nitro (and latterly Thunder too), pause for breath then the Raw repeat over on Sky. At the time, it was brilliant.

In hindsight, a social life might have been preferable.

Thats right, Nitro at 9, Thunder at 11 and then the Raw repeat was 2am. I remembering having a 3 hour tape recording all 3 on long play, and having the adverts replaced with causal flicking of The Box, the first run Raw showing and whatever bollocks was on at that point.

Wasnt Robot Wars on at half 6 also?

• Paid Members
Wasnt Robot Wars on at half 6 also?

Wouldnt know, I was actually out at that point. Used to swim for my county and Fridays was training. Was ecstatic when Nitro got changed from the 7PM slot because it meant I stopped missing the start and having to wind tape back.

Cartoon Network turning into TNT is still iconic to me.

• Paid Members
Is changing the mat a few times during the show a relatively recent thing in WWE? Watching that WrestleMania documentary, the ring looks filthy during the WrestleMania 12 iron man match.

They were flogging pieces of that mat after the show, so maybe they just werent cleaning or changing it. I have the original taped from Sky and there's some bloke saying that they are framing a bit of the mat and selling it to a select few customers in a little QVC style portion of the show. So I'd imagine that they just kept it on all night for that event.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart