UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Moderators
Was Jesse Ventura responsible for creating/helping wrestlers with interviews during his time with WCW circa 1992?

I have seen a few interviews (best evidence being Rick Rude Interview at Starrcade 1992) where he has been miming what the wrestler is saying.

I always figured he was reading from the same cue cards. Heyman (I think) did a terribly obvious one around that period, where Rude attacked Sting and was taken to the hospital, simultaniously mouthing along with Jim Ross' announcement that Sting had to come back from the hospital or be stripped of the US title (or whatever the angle was) while also looking shocked at the announcement itself.

Was Jesse Ventura responsible for creating/helping wrestlers with interviews during his time with WCW circa 1992?

I have seen a few interviews (best evidence being Rick Rude Interview at Starrcade 1992) where he has been miming what the wrestler is saying.

I always figured he was reading from the same cue cards. Heyman (I think) did a terribly obvious one around that period, where Rude attacked Sting and was taken to the hospital, simultaniously mouthing along with Jim Ross' announcement that Sting had to come back from the hospital or be stripped of the US title (or whatever the angle was) while also looking shocked at the announcement itself.

Thanks for that I never thought of cue cards to be honest. That interview made it so blatantly obvious I can see me looking out that during every WCW interview from that period.

• Paid Members

Here's Ventura from 1988 Survivor Series. There's a few times he starts mouthing what Savage is saying. My Mam noticed this when I was 5. I've never forgotten her saying "he's reading the words off a blackboard!"

Here's Ventura from 1988 Survivor Series. There's a few times he starts mouthing what Savage is saying. My Mam noticed this when I was 5. I've never forgotten her saying "he's reading the words off a blackboard!"

I instantly thought that was just a weird character trait that I have seen a lot of people do on TV and in real life when stood beside someone who is making some kind of speech.

Annoyingly I can't think of any examples right now though.

I don't believe there were cue cards in that Ventura/Savage video though because at the moments when Ventura appears to be miming what Savage is saying he is staring straight at the Macho Man. Macho however is looking in completely the opposite direction.

• Paid Members

On the subject of dark matches/house shows :

WWE (Raw) @ Augusta, GA - James Brown Arena - January 7, 2011

R-Truth pinned Alberto Del Rio with the scissors kick

That's a disgrace.