UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
Wasn't Mike Awesome's awesome bomb pretty much a razor's edge as well?

Most of the awesome bombs I've seen have always just been an over one shoulder affair rather than the cross type hold.

The border toss is sort of the same thing he just doesn't drop to his knees if I recall.

I think it was Backlash 2006. Started as a HHH/Cena rematch from WM22, but then Edge got into the mix after battering Foley.

Was it a good match or have I got a bad memory do you know?

Just watched it on YouTube, cracking match. I couldn't remember who won either which made it better.

Here's one, what was the deal with the finish of Perfect/Brutus at WM6? That catapult into the top rope was just a standard mid match move that Perfect would always take. And it didn't look like there was an injury as he got up as soon as the 3 count was made. Was there any kind of story to this because it looked a bit weird to say the least?

• Paid Members
Here's one, what was the deal with the finish of Perfect/Brutus at WM6? That catapult into the top rope was just a standard mid match move that Perfect would always take.

Haven't watched that event in years, but didn't Perfect hit the steel pole behind the turnbuckles. Knocking him silly for a few seconds, Beefcake then pinned him.

When I first watched it, I was also stunned as I was led to believe Perfect was undefeated in the WWF. They mentioned that even after that WM6 match.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Here's one, what was the deal with the finish of Perfect/Brutus at WM6? That catapult into the top rope was just a standard mid match move that Perfect would always take.

Haven't watched that event in years, but didn't Perfect hit the steel pole behind the turnbuckles. Knocking him silly for a few seconds, Beefcake then pinned him.

When I first watched it, I was also stunned as I was led to believe Perfect was undefeated in the WWF. They mentioned that even after that WM6 match.

Yeah, that was it, but that was just a standard spot for Perfect to miss the turnbuckle pad and hit the post. I can't remember specific instances offhand but i saw that spot plenty of times before and after that - normally he would just sell it in that mad spinny, jumpy way of his and they'd move on - it was never a match ender.

If that spot was a one-off and he actually sold if afterwards like for example Dibiase at Summerslam 91 rather than jumping straight up after the 3 count, it would actually have been an ok spot and made sense. But i'm convinced there was some story or something a bit messed up about it, i just haven't heard anything .

• Moderators

Yeah, that was it, but that was just a standard spot for Perfect to miss the turnbuckle pad and hit the post. I can't remember specific instances offhand but i saw that spot plenty of times before and after that - normally he would just sell it in that mad spinny, jumpy way of his and they'd move on - it was never a match ender.

If that spot was a one-off and he actually sold if afterwards like for example Dibiase at Summerslam 91 rather than jumping straight up after the 3 count, it would actually have been an ok spot and made sense. But i'm convinced there was some story or something a bit messed up about it, i just haven't heard anything .

They probably just wanted to build to Beefer beating Perfect at Summerslam, so gave him the win so he'd be number 1 contender to it, without making Mr P look weak weeks before Mr P would win the IC Title by having him put to sleep by Beefer's Sleeper. It has a bit of fluke to it, Beefer winning in the manner he did, keeping Mr P strong, and meaning Beefer would have reason to get a pop at him.

Then of course Beefer got a couple of knees in his face.

They probably just wanted to build to Beefer beating Perfect at Summerslam, so gave him the win so he'd be number 1 contender to it, without making Mr P look weak weeks before Mr P would win the IC Title by having him put to sleep by Beefer's Sleeper. It has a bit of fluke to it, Beefer winning in the manner he did, keeping Mr P strong, and meaning Beefer would have reason to get a pop at him.

Then of course Beefer got a couple of knees in his face.

If you read Tiger_Rick's Observer's from April 1990, Big Dave hints it was a favour to Hogan for him doing the Job to the 'Anabolic Warrior'.

• Paid Members

I'm 99% sure I saw something during one of last week's WWE shows to suggest that they were repeating Wrestlemania on one of the Sky Sports channels some time this week, but I can't find it anywhere on the EPG or on the Sky Sports website.

So my questions are a) did I dream it, and b) if not, when is/was it on?

• Paid Members

Can somebody help please?

Im after the "Editing program" for "Promotion wars 1.3". I managed to find a copy of the game online, and am now after the editior. AS far as im aware the bloke wgho made this has stopped hosting it on any sites, so if anybody has this and can either host for me to download or send me a copy, that wouold be awesome!

Please PM me!

Cheers!