UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

The one you are thinking of is June 9th 1997, the night after King of the Ring 1997. Bret went to approach Shawn and he turned around and told Bret to fuck off after giving him the cold shoulder for months, so Bret went for him. Both their books make it sound like they were the protagonist and the other the antagonist, but the description of what actually happened was virtually the same.

Apparently in the kerfuffle Michaels shouted "this is bullshit, I'm going to Norfolk!" Nitro was at the Scope that night.

if he was in the crowd, WCW would be creaming over themselves. They did the same thing when Sable just showed up out of the blue in the audience that one time.

So did I.

Edited by air_raid_crash

• Paid Members
I remember reading something on Wrestlecrap ages ago about Harley Race being kayfabe killed by Hulk Hogan in 1987? Anyone know about that? or have I just misread something?

He was put through a table by Hogan, wasn't he? He then never wrestled in the WWF again. Probably wrong.

• Moderators

Being discussed in the Hulk Hogan matches thread.

Basically, Harley got a hernia landing badly on a table spot wrestling Hulk Hogan which put him out for a while. During this time, they show a graphic of a disembodied Harley Head floating to pearly gates during matches on Challenge and Superstars, and Haku was coronated Heenan's new king. Race came back and had a match with Haku at Royal Rumble '89 to see who was King, Meng won, was King Meng, and Harley left WWF and showed up for a match in the AWA or two, then went to WCW where he stayed until the mid '90s.

• Paid Members
Did the WWE make any on-screen reference to Skip Sheffield's injury? Is he still in Nexus?

It was mentioned, I think by Otunga, as part of a "we need to regroup" segment to explain his absence. I guess whether or not he's still in Nexus will depend on if the angle is still running when he returns. I certainly don't think they've made an explicit "he's out" statement like they did with Tarver & Young.