UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Do announcers/commentators know the match results ahead of time? For instance if there's a title change scheduled, do they know in advance?

I think it depends on the individual situation, company and announcer in question.

There's no way I can see someone like Michael Cole or Tenay not knowing. Their stuff seems to clich

My understanding is a journey man is a wrestler (or, indeed, any kind of sportsman) who has plied his trade all over the world in various countries and on numerous continents.

in football terms a journeyman would be your Craig Bellamy / Nic anelka type, 10 clubs in 12 years, that kind of thing

Sorry guys but 'Journeyman' has been hijacked to mean that by the red tops

It actually means

1.One who has fully served an apprenticeship in a trade or craft and is a qualified worker in another's employ.

2.An experienced and competent but undistinguished worker.

from thefreedictionary.com

So William Regal is saying is that Dave Taylor doesnt receive enough credit for what he does basically

Edited by patdfb

• Paid Members
Someone on another forum reckons Owen Hart won the WWF title several times on house shows during his feud with Bret, but it was never acknowledged on telly. I've never heard of this before, is it bollocks?

I'm sure he did the old referee reverses the decision thing on house shows in 1994 just to shit the fans up until the babyface won the match. They did that a few times with Hogan as well against Flair. WWF used to love pulling that one out. They should do it on house shows today. Imagine being at a live show where you think the belt changed hands?

Actually they did it on TV as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akmzr6CVl3g

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members
They should do it on house shows today. Imagine being at a live show where you think the belt changed hands?

I remember they did it with the IC in Birmingham between Shelton and Orton. The place went ape shit for Shelton until Bish made it 2 out of 3 falls.

Or thats how I recall it any way.

• Moderators
Someone on another forum reckons Owen Hart won the WWF title several times on house shows during his feud with Bret, but it was never acknowledged on telly. I've never heard of this before, is it bollocks?

Utter bullshit. Somebody swore down that he also saw Roddy Piper beat Ric Flair on several House Shows and it was traded in a "Booker T/Benoit in 1998" style deal. That was bullshit as well. www.Thehistoryofwwe.com has comprehensive full house show results for the past 40odd years, and nothing of the sort occurred.

Do announcers/commentators know the match results ahead of time? For instance if there's a title change scheduled, do they know in advance?

I think it depends on the individual situation, company and announcer in question.

There's no way I can see someone like Michael Cole or Tenay not knowing. Their stuff seems to clich

when I commentate(d) on UK shows I never want to know the results but sometimes I had to be told things in advance. If it could be avoided though I never wanted to know

WWE stuff does sound over rehearsed nowadays more than ever though

I don't suppose anyone has a YouTube (or otherwise) clip of the You Bet! episode which had the kid on doing the wrestling challenge where he identified the matches from a tiny snippet of commentary / footage. As a reward and surprise the Bulldog appeared at the end and the look on the boys face was absolutely magical. I wouldn't mind seeing that again.