UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

What MMA magazines do folks here recommend? As I should be in a position to see all major UFC events from next month onwards, a bit of reading would supplement things nicely.

Cheers my lovelies.

Fighters Only magazine is the biggest selling UK publication, and usually carries some interesting interviews, fight reports and predictions etc.

To be honest though, you should find all you need by visiting both MMA Junkie.com and Sherdog.com (the site, don't go near their forums), with MMA news.com offering some decent articles too.

Oh, and UFC.com obviously.

Thanks, David. :)

Meltzer on Yahoo! Sports

• Paid Members
When does TNA air in the UK? Is Impact still on Bravo on Satuday nights? What about the PPVs?

New Impacts air every Saturday at 9 on Bravo, repeats at 9 on Sunday on Bravo 2

Old Impacts have been airing on a loop on Bravo 2 for about a year now, everyday at 4

PPV's are shown the friday after they happen on the Extreme Sports channel at 10.

• Paid Members
Thanks a lot Butch. I get the urge every 10 - 12 months to have a go, and going through Raw's from 1997 have got that urge again.

Very much appreciated.

Careful with that game. If you sign someone one of your workers doesnt like, you get some nasty emails. Ric Flairs arse-kissing is good thing though. He said "good job on signing Sting boss".

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members
What ever happened to Larry Sweeney ? He seemed like a fella really headed in the right direction a few years ago?

Didn't he go Mental a year or so ago?

Oh yeah, forgot about him. Turns out he is bipolar, he stopped getting booked by ROH after a few incidents.

• Paid Members
I've got Scott Steiner throwing a benny because I've signed Buff Bagwell for my made up fed entitled HOGAN. I doubt I'll team them now.

Still pissed at being called Big Poppa Dump?

What ever happened to Larry Sweeney ? He seemed like a fella really headed in the right direction a few years ago?

Didn't he go Mental a year or so ago?

Oh yeah, forgot about him. Turns out he is bipolar, he stopped getting booked by ROH after a few incidents.

He had some problems but I think he's ok now. He was brought back as a surprise for the first ROH iPPV, Final Battle 2009 but the audio was messed up and re-dubbed for DVD without him. You can see him sitting at ringside with Dave Prazak though, and from all accounts he got a really god response when he showed up.

Two very different questions.

1. I was wondering if anyone knew what happened to Justice Pain? He was CZW champion a few years back and then disappeared. I gather he was a bit of an arse but he was a passable wrestler with decent size and look, so I'd have thought someone in wrestling would have given him a shot.

2. During their time in WCW, both Sid and Vader used a version of the powerbomb as a finisher where they would lift the opponent over one shoulder and then drive them down. However, when they went to WWF, Sid changed his powerbomb to the more common variation where he lifts the opponent up so that one of his opponents legs ends up either side of his head before driving him down. Vader rarely used the powerbomb in WWF, but when he did, he also changed it to the one-leg-either-side-of-the-head variant. Anyone got any info as to why they did this? Did WWF have a dislike to the over the shoulder move? Is it perhaps more dangerous?

It's the holidays, I've been sitting indoors because it's been raining all day, and these just popped into my mind. Any help putting my mind at rest would be appreciated.