The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members
I hope Ronnie's Mate's Dad's real name is Johnny. And that he hates Jazz.

You're so, so close. It's the Scottish version of John.

Have a read of this excerpt of one of his newsletters. It's a better parody of tinfoiler logic than any of us could ever come up with. The first video doesn't work (MI5 must've cut off my access to information) but the second one is magnificent.

On the other hand, I now realise that the area of the Olympic Stadium is Hackney and Lee Valley, London E10.

'Hacken Lee' is the name of a Chinese singer who 'hosted' the Olympic Games in Beijing, as Wikipedia puts it. An advertisement which appeared on Chinese television for the Euro 2012 Football Championship features an athlete with 'Hacken Lee 10' on his T-shirt. This is an aggressive advert which depicts the destruction of London.

Now look at a video of the British contribution to the closing ceremony at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.

The Rockefeller Foundation's scenario in which 13 000 people die is called 'Hack Attack'. Could it make sense for there to be an attack on 13 August in Hackney and Lee Valley, post code E10?

Edited by Ronnie

• Moderators

What I REALLY don't get is why the new world order or whoever would give out codes and signals saying your going to do things for foilheads to decipher? I mean, if I was going to attack somewhere or blow it up then I'd just do it. Not leave fucking riddles for weirdos to try and crack. That's where conspiracy theorists really fuck the dog for me.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Along similar lines, I don't understand why all these people obsessed with fascist regimes and people disappearing insist on plastering their real names on everything they write. I understand the delusion of self-importance (witness RMD's wedding speech about winning a Nobel) and ego demanding that one be seen to be the saviour, but if I genuinely believed the guy next door intended to slaughter everybody in the street, the last thing I'd do is knock on his door and let him know that. I suppose it might be less contrary for people called James Smith, but RMD must be the only person in the world with his particular name (you'll see it mentioned on that newsletter) and he even publishes his home address and phone number all over the place.

It strikes me as about as inconsistent as religious people praying frantically for a loved one in A&E with a broken spine after a car crash to pull through in spite of the odds, thus putting off a trip to paradise for some pain and discomfort on Earth instead. If you know that a group is getting away with murder, then why tell them that you know?!

• Moderators
Along similar lines, I don't understand why all these people obsessed with fascist regimes and people disappearing insist on plastering their real names on everything they write. I understand the delusion of self-importance (witness RMD's wedding speech about winning a Nobel) and ego demanding that one be seen to be the saviour, but if I genuinely believed the guy next door intended to slaughter everybody in the street, the last thing I'd do is knock on his door and let him know that. I suppose it might be less contrary for people called James Smith, but RMD must be the only person in the world with his particular name (you'll see it mentioned on that newsletter) and he even publishes his home address and phone number all over the place

The thing with real names is a weird conspiracy tick. Even going in the other direction, they pretty much always refer to people they're after by their full name, as though that infers "We're onto you! You can't hide!" For example, Maddie's (Freemason!!!) father Gerry McCann is always 'Gerald Patrick McCann', and a lot of the replies to my David Icke blogs address me by name in a super patronising way. No doubt if I had three middle names, they'd be sticking all of those in there too. "Oh no, not my name that's visible in the header of the site!"

There's a similar practice in Scientology when they attack anti-Scientology people in the street by yelling their full names and accusing them of being paedos and stuff (while with a Scientology lawyer and people taping it in case, as is intended, the person hits them and they can sue), but I'm blanking on the special word they have for it.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

There's a similar practice in Scientology when they attack anti-Scientology people in the street by yelling their full names and accusing them of being paedos and stuff (while with a Scientology lawyer and people taping it in case, as is intended, the person hits them and they can sue), but I'm blanking on the special word they have for it.

Are you thinking of Fair Game?

• Paid Members

I'm listening to an old MLW podcast and Konnan's going on about Neil Armstrong saying that there were spaceships on the moon and they were warned not to go there but it's been hushed up by NASA and the government. Google returns this site which details what he's allegedly said: http://www.syti.net/UFOSightings.html#anchor359160

More Googling just seems to return pages about UFO's but no legit sources seem to have looked into it. This would be the first clue that it's all bullshit but I'm reasonably intrigued as to whether there is any truth to Armstrong actually saying anything about aliens at all.

It's all bullshit, sadly.

http://www.debunker.com/texts/apollo11.html

I think a giveaway is that astronauts never ever referred to Mission Control, they only said "Houston". But the simple truth is that all the transcripts are available, and those who've bothered to look through them have never found anything to back up these lovely stories.

Armstrong himself said once "People love conspiracy theories, they're very attractive. But they were never a concern to me." He was well aware of the sort of thing that got written about him, but, well, he'd been to the moon, and that beats any fantasy.