The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

anyone caught Joe Rogan's new show '...Questions Everything'?

Rogan's a known conspiracy guy and he goes out and tackles certain subjects and tries to get opinions from believers and non-believers. It's great if the subjects are kind of new to you and added with Joe Rogan humor it's an entertaining watch (though it shamelessly plugs his podcast).

First episode was about Bigfoot and was a little silly, but the 2nd and 3rd episodes (Chem Trails & Weather munipulation, then humans merging with robots), were both very interesting...especially the robot episode which was some freaky shit.

anyone seen?

Has anyone read the story of Li Ching-Yuen? Apparently this guy lived until he was 197 years old at least, with some reports claiming he was 256 years old.

I stumbled across it on the internet and thought it was an interesting read.

Cheers for the link David. Kind of interesting, and sent me off reading about the claims for oldest human being ever. Seems the oldest verified anyone's got to is 122. But we've only been keeping records for about 120 years that are good enough to verify, so it's possible people have historically lived a lot longer.

256 seems pushing it, but it's a nice Fortean thing as it's I guess just about possible.

• Moderators
Rogan's a known conspiracy guy and he goes out and tackles certain subjects and tries to get opinions from believers and non-believers.

Does he actually let the people he doesn't agree with actually say anything? Because anytime someone disagrees with him he just shouts over them with his gravel voice in my experience.

• Moderators
Rogan's a known conspiracy guy and he goes out and tackles certain subjects and tries to get opinions from believers and non-believers.

Does he actually let the people he doesn't agree with actually say anything? Because anytime someone disagrees with him he just shouts over them with his gravel voice in my experience.

Yeah, he rolls his eyes instead.

Not as baffling as that one David, but I remember this thing washing up in New York a while back, causing a fair bit of confusion.

original.jpg

I think the official line ended up being that it was a raccoon, though that beak type mouth area would suggest otherwise, IMO.

16-MontaukMonster-081108.jpg

Strange looking raccoon. Adding to the speculation about this beast was the fact that it was found on a shore quite close to an animal disease research centre on Plum Island, New York (a facility that had been used as a biological weapon development centre during the Cold War), fuelling some crack pot rumours that it was the result of some crazy

So, basically this dragon-like sea creature has been washed up on one of our beaches here. The authorities have no clue what it is, as it's too badly decomposed to identify it at the moment.

Hopefully further testing will reveal all.

So apparently it's a shark: NBCnews link

Reading the article got me looking up giant oarfish though and other weird creatures.

• Paid Members
Not as baffling as that one David, but I remember this thing washing up in New York a while back, causing a fair bit of confusion.

original.jpg

I think the official line ended up being that it was a raccoon, though that beak type mouth area would suggest otherwise, IMO.

Strange looking raccoon.

i-26bbe1fdc286c2e1f5dddb18b220ab16-Montauk%20raccoon%20composite.jpg

I love anything to do with stuff like this, they used to have Unexplained mystery cigarette cards (anyone remember them?) The main problem is that when things rot, especially when water is involved they look mental and totally different, sharks and Whales being the best examples

• Moderators

Dead sharks rot really oddly. One of my favourite pictures as a kid was the 'dead plesiosaur' picked up by a Japanese fishing ship in the 70s.

plesiosaur-or-shark.jpg

Look at that! It's a fucking dinosaur! In the 70s!

YkG2hXi.jpg

Oh. David's picture is interesting though. It's like nature is deliberately messing with us by having a shark decompose into what looks like a horrible, horrible monster.