The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

• 2 weeks later...

Let's be honest here, mediums are simply another form of entertainment. Much like pro wrestling they used to work the "marks" in order to make money back in the day, and also like pro wrestling, if anyone still buys into their shit as being "real" then they need help.Acorah is probably the most entertaining and recognisable medium in the country, so he'll never be short of work. Also, he donates a fair chunk of the money he makes to animal shelters and the like so he's not all that bad.

• Paid Members

Hey, we made it to 100 pages. Let's share our favourite Fortean photographs. I'll start with this classic, which put the shits up 80s kids by being in every ghost book going. 9 feet tall :(reverend_k_f_lord_monk_ghost_picture_photo-445x434.jpg

Inside front cover. Double spread. Nightmares. :(churchghost1.jpgThis was one of my favourites when I was young. I first saw it on a card that came with boxes of PG Tips. The story goes that after the picture was developed and they saw the ghost, the photographer went back to the church with his ghostbuster chums, and they found a human heart, wrapped only in medieval style rags, but "perfectly preserved".

• Moderators

churchghost1.jpgThis was one of my favourites when I was young. I first saw it on a card that came with boxes of PG Tips. The story goes that after the picture was developed and they saw the ghost, the photographer went back to the church with his ghostbuster chums, and they found a human heart, wrapped only in medieval style rags, but "perfectly preserved".

NOSTALGIA RUSHThose were a great 'in' for young Forteans of the mid 80s. All the staples were there -- the Cottingley Fairies, Nessie, Blessed Virgin Mary sightings, the Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot film, the 1977 Japanese plesiosaur carcass -- every classic, sending schoolboy imaginations into overdrive. All available on eBay, of course. The one you've put up was my favourite as a kid too.