The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

• Moderators
I'm sure that was the video that has been discussed in at least two documentaries, where the relevant experts couldn't prove that it was a man in a suit, and had to admit that they didn't know what the fuck it was? :confused:

At least two?!

There have been dozens of documentaries (and books) about that footage over the years. It's my classic example for giving the same level of analysis to explanations as we do the mysteries themselves, what with so many random people claiming, without proof, to have been inside or been behind the suit over the years, to try and make a name for themselves, while the two men involved haven't changed their story in 45 years.

Not to paint myself as a kook, but one thing definitely in its favour is the fact that in all of those reconstructions, and the many, many obviously faked Bigfoot videos over the years, nothing has come close to imitating the realism of the Patterson-Gimlin film. Everything from the movement of the creature to the suit itself, if it is fake, is still light years ahead of anything else that's out there.

At least two?!

Well, two that I've seen anyway. I'm not a big follower of this kind of stuff.

Did you see the new one on National Geographic the other night? They were saying that the bone structure pretty much rules out any chance of it being of a human in a suit.

• Paid Members
I'm sure that was the video that has been discussed in at least two documentaries, where the relevant experts couldn't prove that it was a man in a suit, and had to admit that they didn't know what the fuck it was? :confused:

At least two?!

There have been dozens of documentaries (and books) about that footage over the years. It's my classic example for giving the same level of analysis to explanations as we do the mysteries themselves, what with so many random people claiming, without proof, to have been inside or been behind the suit over the years, to try and make a name for themselves, while the two men involved haven't changed their story in 45 years.

Not to paint myself as a kook, but one thing definitely in its favour is the fact that in all of those reconstructions, and the many, many obviously faked Bigfoot videos over the years, nothing has come close to imitating the realism of the Patterson-Gimlin film. Everything from the movement of the creature to the suit itself, if it is fake, is still light years ahead of anything else that's out there.

This footage has been discussed in this very thread at least once. It's worth doing a search and finding the posts.

At least two?!

This footage has been discussed in this very thread at least once. It's worth doing a search and finding the posts.

Cheers, I'll do just that.

• 2 weeks later...

David icke not happy with jesse ventura

From his facebook

What a wonderful day I had in Cleveland, Ohio, which turned out to be a great success despite the best efforts of the organiser.

But in the days before the event I was pestered by someone called Michael Braverman, connected to the Jesse Ventura 'show' called Conspiracy Theories, on the totally inappropriately-titled truTV, in which Ventura or the voiceover can rarely go a few sentences without reminding everyone that he is a former Navy Seal. Wow, stands back in amazement - how incredible, a former Navy Seal. I feel fit to faint, I