Official Darts Thread

Dai

• Moderators

I think his new position on the board of the BDO as pretty much the most powerful member puts to bed any chance of him ever doing the Grand Slam unfortunately. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he makes it a closed shop as regards BDO players going to the Gland Slam at all in future.

Edited by PowerButchi

No its not. The reason Hearn wants it is because of the links to the pub leagues etc that it has. He's tried to call it out of date, which to a point it is, but mainly as he wanted a knock down buy. Hearn's business model falls down on new players, 'the scouting system' so to speak. He's looking for a solution.

• Moderators

Yeah, I could see darts dying out at the grass roots if BDO sold to Hearn. It'd be a terrible idea. You think Hearn gives two shits about county darts and superleagues? It'd be terrible for the game at the low levels. In all fairness that's what the BDO, and their fantastically loyal blazer clad volunteers, do very well. Darts for all from pub league to county. It's the professional aspect that needs sorting out.

I watched hours of darts over Christmas & really enjoyed it. I cant watch more than 5 minutes of this BBC shite, without turning over. Last time i had a look, there was a fat bloke in pink, walking a stuffed dog? Dont know what was worse, His average or his gimmick. The BBC should drop this crap, You cant compare the two :( .

• Moderators
Yeah, I could see darts dying out at the grass roots if BDO sold to Hearn. It'd be a terrible idea. You think Hearn gives two shits about county darts and superleagues? It'd be terrible for the game at the low levels. In all fairness that's what the BDO, and their fantastically loyal blazer clad volunteers, do very well. Darts for all from pub league to county. It's the professional aspect that needs sorting out.

Aye. The only way Hearn would be interested is if he could then take over the pubs and turn them into flats*

*Orient fan

To be fair to Hankey, the crowd were giving him such a roasting. He usually scores a lot better than that, but the crowd can get to him at times. Anyway I backed him at the Bookies to win this year, I reckon the final is nailed on for him at least.

I actually thought that was a case of Hankey not having to do anymore than he was doing. Waites really didn't bring his game to the stage at all. Hankey didn't look rattled that much. He put up with much worse at the GSoD.

Last time i had a look, there was a fat bloke in pink, walking a stuffed dog?

Did you see the Ross Montgomery walk on? Jesus christ. What a dickhead.

To be fair to Hankey, the crowd were giving him such a roasting. He usually scores a lot better than that, but the crowd can get to him at times. Anyway I backed him at the Bookies to win this year, I reckon the final is nailed on for him at least.

I actually thought that was a case of Hankey not having to do anymore than he was doing. Waites really didn't bring his game to the stage at all. Hankey didn't look rattled that much. He put up with much worse at the GSoD.

Last time i had a look, there was a fat bloke in pink, walking a stuffed dog?

Did you see the Ross Montgomery walk on? Jesus christ. What a dickhead.

No, What did i miss?

Wolfie has been his typical steady self, but I am hoping that the Silverback does a number on him tonight and puts an end to all this 'matching Eric' garbage.

Same here. I thought I was alone in my hatred of Adams, but glad i'm not the only one.

Loyalty can be a good trait, but it's tiresome in his case. He's in his 50's already, why not enter the Grand Slam. What harm would it do? It's an easy two and a half grand if nothing else.

Because he's a fucking bottler, simple as that. Adams knows that he'd look a fool against the likes of Ady Lewis, Gary Anderson, Simon Whitlock, Phil Taylor and James Wade. He also knows he'd be found out against stronger competitve players and embarrass himself, so why make the decision to compete in the GSOD. I've got far more respect for Tony O Shea and Ted Hankey. At least Ted came back the following year after all the abuse he took the first time around.

All I remember Martin Adams for is when he was pissed live on TV this week as a board member of the BDO, not his piss poor World Titles he's aparantly won.