Magnum Milano Posted January 14, 2012 Posted January 14, 2012 Ted would not have to go to Q School. I think the last 4 at Lakeside get a offer of a tour card automatically. Is that still the case? I know the semi-finalists last year were all offered tour cards but none of them (Wolfie, Phillips, Mr Coat, Winstanley) took them. Typical bloody Beeb, finishing the broadcast so we don't get to hear Ted's post match interview. Quote
jimufctna24 Posted January 14, 2012 Posted January 14, 2012 Ted would not have to go to Q School. I think the last 4 at Lakeside get a offer of a tour card automatically. Is that still the case? I know the semi-finalists last year were all offered tour cards but none of them (Wolfie, Phillips, Mr Coat, Winstanley) took them. Typical bloody Beeb, finishing the broadcast so we don't get to hear Ted's post match interview. Hmmm On second thoughts maybe they are not offering it this year. I still think Hankey and Winstanley will jump, hopefully Waites will follow him. Tony Green sure did not hide that he wanted Kist to win did he? Quote
Magnum Milano Posted January 14, 2012 Posted January 14, 2012 I still think Hankey and Winstanley will jump, hopefully Waites will follow him. Tony Green sure did not hide that he wanted Kist to win did he? Good old Uncle Tony, never shy about showing his loyalty to the BDO. As much as he is part of the Lakeside furniture, I do find his constant ignoring (unless it involves his good mate 'Eric') of the PDC both childish and petty. This of course the same Eric Bristow who is only too happy to tell you what he thinks of the BDO, the players, set up etc. Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted January 14, 2012 Paid Members Posted January 14, 2012 Ted would not have to go to Q School. I think the last 4 at Lakeside get a offer of a tour card automatically. Is that still the case? I know the semi-finalists last year were all offered tour cards but none of them (Wolfie, Phillips, Mr Coat, Winstanley) took them. Well, Martin Phillips is in his 50's, doesn't even travel to most of the BDO events and is a full-time dustman, so you can understand that one really. Dolgellau is miles away from any PDC floor events too so a load of travelling would be involved. Quote
bigfoote Posted January 14, 2012 Posted January 14, 2012 From BBC Sport: Ted Hankey has announced he has quit the BDO for the PDC Tour in the aftermath of a thrilling defeat to Christian Kist in the World Championship semi-final. Hankey lost 6-5 having led 5-3, complaining that he lost concentration when the air conditioning was turned on. Quote
bigfoote Posted January 14, 2012 Posted January 14, 2012 Funny how there was an incident in the PDC earlier this month involving a rogue air conditioner...and suddenly Hankey uses it as a scapegoat for his crap arrows. Quote
The Natural Posted January 14, 2012 Posted January 14, 2012 What's the latest score in the second BDO semi final? I don't have ESPN. Thanks! Quote
jimufctna24 Posted January 14, 2012 Posted January 14, 2012 What's the latest score in the second BDO semi final? I don't have ESPN. Thanks! Tony just won 6-5 Quote
The Natural Posted January 14, 2012 Posted January 14, 2012 What's the latest score in the second BDO semi final? I don't have ESPN. Thanks! Tony just won 6-5 Cheers. At the beginning of the tournament I wanted Tony O'Shea to win and that hasn't changed. I liked what I watched of Wesley Harms this week. Quote
Brock Goldberg Posted January 14, 2012 Posted January 14, 2012 From BBC Sport: Ted Hankey has announced he has quit the BDO for the PDC Tour in the aftermath of a thrilling defeat to Christian Kist in the World Championship semi-final. Hankey lost 6-5 having led 5-3, complaining that he lost concentration when the air conditioning was turned on. At long last !!! I remember Hankey playing the likes of King, Baxter, Monk, Beaton, Barney etc......way back in the 90's in the BDO. One by one they all saw what they were missing and moved over to the PDC. He's the last of his era of players to jump really (I'm not including Martin Adams, we know where he stands). Hope the others mentioned follow also. Quote
jimufctna24 Posted January 14, 2012 Posted January 14, 2012 I am not a big follower of Darts rumours. However, if what is to be believed online is true. The BDO will not have many players left by this time next week. Quote
Moderators PowerButchi Posted January 15, 2012 Moderators Posted January 15, 2012 Because the BDO is much much more than TV tournaments, and the PDC wouldn't have supported it much past the TV and floor tourneys. Quote
Magnum Milano Posted January 15, 2012 Posted January 15, 2012 Because the BDO is much much more than TV tournaments, and the PDC wouldn't have supported it much past the TV and floor tourneys. Yeah, you only have to look at the PDC's 'commitment' to the woman's game and at how quickly Big Bazza lost interest in that to see how things would've gone. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.