Official Darts Thread

Dai

Martin Adams is only concerned with Martin Adams. I doubt the guy has any interest in change, for as the way things stand at the moment it is an ideal situation for him to stock up on his pension for a few more years. The BDO don't have the television coverage, which means the newer players don't get the 'big time' experience and as such don't threaten Wolfie and his income. They may be going on about his '19 successive visits to Lakeside', but this is someone who couldn't even make the Lakeside until the split. I suppose we will only really find out when Wolfie retires from being a player, how much he wants to change things in the BDO. Like I said in a prior post, they really missed the boat when Webster and Anastasia were the respective champions.

What do we all make of Martin Adams being the new head honcho of the BDO? If I was a card carrying member there I'd be running for my life to the Q-School. You can't make changes with the same old faces, and changes need to be made post haste. They really should have put some real new blood from the board, not tainted by the past years of BDO failure.

I might be wrong but i'm sure i remember reading Olly Croft and Fitzmaurice have been booted? It used to the be old boys brigade with the two of them, Hankey, Adams, Tony Green and (maybe?) Bobby George all pulling the strings by committee.

• Paid Members

I might be wrong but i'm sure i remember reading Olly Croft and Fitzmaurice have been booted? It used to the be old boys brigade with the two of them, Hankey, Adams, Tony Green and (maybe?) Bobby George all pulling the strings by committee.

Yeah, you're bang on - http://www.dartsmonthly.com/news/olly-crof...d-off-bdo-boardIf we're using Twitter as an example, the defence for the BDO seems to be 'It's proper darts'. Now, i'm unsure what 'Proper' and 'Unproper' darts is meant to mean but seems odd to me.A lot of emphasis seems to be placed on the Lakeside as well. Having never been there myself, is it actually that special? The Alexandra Palace with all it's grandeur seems a better venue to me anyway.

That's the same Martin Adams in charge of media as the one that was fucking twatted as a pundit on ESPN on saturday. Head of IT as well?

Probably the only one who can type using more than one finger.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW2hwCGlCPII wonder if he was on an ear piece? His first sentence sounded like he was absolutely trousered but after that he wasn't too slurred.

To be fair to Hankey, the crowd were giving him such a roasting. He usually scores a lot better than that, but the crowd can get to him at times. Anyway I backed him at the Bookies to win this year, I reckon the final is nailed on for him at least.

Can't see past either Adams/O'Shea or Hankey myself either. Kist has looked really good so far and would be an outside bet, but it all depends whether he can keep his form up and nerves in check as a debutant. Wolfie has been his typical steady self, but I am hoping that the Silverback does a number on him tonight and puts an end to all this 'matching Eric' garbage.

• Paid Members
Wolfie has been his typical steady self, but I am hoping that the Silverback does a number on him tonight and puts an end to all this 'matching Eric' garbage.

Same here. I thought I was alone in my hatred of Adams, but glad i'm not the only one.

Loyalty can be a good trait, but it's tiresome in his case. He's in his 50's already, why not enter the Grand Slam. What harm would it do? It's an easy two and a half grand if nothing else.