Official Darts Thread

Dai

dolans 9 darter the other night was just sheer brilliant, i honestly wished dolan put taylor to the sword but once again he blew him away, cm nicholson at it again, love the doubles start because it gives the underdog a chance of causing an upset.

Edited by buba3d

• 1 month later...

It was about an hour long which is insane for the format they played and the amount of breaks they have, Taylor was on classic form averaging 109 which would have been more if he had not missed a few doubles at the end.

Wanted Anderson to stuff him :(

Still got my Premier League Tickets yesterday.

The odds on Taylor to win the world champs will be pathetic now.

Better value for the BDO tournament at the Lakeside then, I fancy Martin Phillips as an outside bet.

Judging on The Grand Slam

If I was to bet I would go for Dean Whinstanley. I would love Ted to win though, anyone but Wolfie Adams.

There's always some decent outside bets, and then Adams comes through and wins it anyways. I'd imagine the same will happen again.

Sometimes I find Taylor soul destroying to watch, when he's in cruise control and still strolling through matches, but ever since the Matchplay he has been absolutely amazing to watch. As much as I dislike him, you can't help loving that level.

Taylor was absolutely magnificent in the GSOD Final. A masterclass!

Would love to see Winstanley or Hankey do the business at the Lakeside, then hope to see Ted move across and claim a PL spot. He's too good a player and an entertainer to not be playing regulary in the PDC.

Outside bet for the Lakeside for me would be Mr Coat, Jan Dekker

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone been watching the Players Championship on ITV4? My boy Scott "Cool Hand" Rand has been a beast. He made James Wade cry and throw his toys out of the pram after he demolished him. Good arrows indeed.

First time I have seen Rand play, and he was impressive all the way until he had those darts at D16 to beat Painter in the semis, where he admitted the nerves finally got to him. Wade wasn't the only one spitting his dummy out this weekend, as the 'ever so gracious in defeat' Philip Power didn't even bother turning out for his post match interview after his loss to King Merv. Apparently he has made am official complaint as he was unhappy with the crowd calling out when he was on a shot. Of course, he isn't bothered when the crowd does is to his opponents, and is one of the worse culprits for geeing them on, playing to them when his opponent is on the oche.Elsewhere, the world's oldest looking 22 year old, Mighty Mike the Pudding, came out to Edge's walk out music on friday for his game.