Official Darts Thread

Dai

Taylor, Lewis, Wade and Anderson is the top 4 in the Order of Merit as it stands going into tonight.

So that basically means both Lewis and Anderson have done enough to make it into the PL. Barney will probably get a spot.

I think the PDC will put Whitlock in as well leaving two free spots

Taylor, Lewis, Wade and Anderson is the top 4 in the Order of Merit as it stands going into tonight.

So that basically means both Lewis and Anderson have done enough to make it into the PL. Barney will probably get a spot.

I was looking at this last night, and not sure I come to the same conclusion.

Based on figures at 14 December 2010 from the PDC (http://www.pdc.tv/page/PDCOrderofMerit/0,,10180,00.html), and my understanding of the prize money awarded from the tournament, puts the current prize money to date (with Lewis and Anderson awarded

Great game. Was shocked that the averages werent even three figures for either of them. Lewis deserved it, as he played a super solid game. Was a treat to watch two quick, free-flowing players play at a high standard. The first set reminded of me of the PL match Adi had against Barney, when he just destroyed him and won like 6 legs in about 10 minutes. Hes easily the best player in the world to watch when hes on form.

Was flicking between this match and the Wolfie/John Boy Walton match on the red button. Not the same standard as the final, but it had some edge of your seat moments, with it going all the way to the sudden death leg.

• Paid Members

The 9 darter was great, but you know what ruined it for me? The fucking commentary. I've never heard a 9 darter being met with such a lack of enthusiasm.

Gutted for Anderson, he deserved it because of his performance in the last 2 weeks.

Enjoyable final played at a very good standard. Lewis desrved it based on the night's performance, the opening couple of sets and from 3-3 to 6-3 were unbelievable.

Two things were off putting though during the final. Firstly I thought the commentary was a bit odd, rather than being over the top as it usually is it seemed very through the motions and cliches without much feeling, especially shown in reaction to the 9-darter. Secondly and more annoying was the constant adverts on Sky. Granted they were quick sets but most the time it was after every set, it did my head in and does nothing for getting you into a game. That many breaks can't do any good for the crowd atmosphere, the players most of the time and even the commentary will suffer from it. The flow seemed very disrupted last night.