Official Darts Thread

Dai

Glad the old tosser is out, he was quite gracious in defeat I will give him that.

Nicko was great tonight, as was of course Chizzy.

As well as them two I think Whitlock, Ando and Wade all have a good chance of winning. Painter is also a dark horse, I dont think King can play two good games in a row which is a shame and I think Lewis will go out around the semi finals he has looked very shaky so far.

Rand is another dark horse come to think of it.

Field is wide open!

Chessy?

Taylor was the way he was this time last year, and that made him beatable. He is not, however, worse than Chisnall, or anyone else for that matter.

But i cant see him getting by Anderson/Wade or maybe Jackpot?

Well, Wade and Anderson certainly have the game on a consistant basis. Wade needs to lift it just a tad I feel, but he's shown he can when he has to. Nicholson can as well though. There's a few players left that have the game to go far. And Nicholson has a real problem in the next round anyways. I wouldn't be surprised if Huybrechts, who gave Taylor a game when he was at his absolute best, walked through Nicholson and won the whole fucking thing!

He was certainly worse than Chizzy, Last night? Have you not bigged up Nicholson in one of your posts & wrote him off in another? :confused:

Edited by britishwrestlinglegends

Cant see past either Wade or Lewis for this tourney, now. Wade has an easy third round match, too, and looked super solid against Klassen. Lewis, even though he was slagged off by Bristow after his last match, still averaged 95+ when playing 'bad'. Sort of similar to Taylor being called below average yesterday when he avaeraged 100+.

As it stands, I could never back Anderson over Wade in this tourney.

Scott Rand certainly favours the biggest stage to play on, he was saying how relaxed and flowing he was in his opening round. He certainly has the ability to cruise past Lloyd and has the mental strength to combat any nerves. Scott has always been an advocate of mental techniques, he was often derided by other players for practicing cognitive techniques as well as practicing his throwing. He is proving them wrong now.

His semi final loss was one of the most educational experiences he has had. Instead of putting it all down to nerves, he has focussed on the "Why" it happened and has assessed that more than his scoring and finishing, he is one of the best finishers in the game. If he has mastered the mental aspect, he certainly has the darting ability to go all the way.

Fair play to Lloydy. The 167 knocked the stuffing out of Scott Rand.

I'm sure Rand will be above Lloydy in the rankings soon enough, unless Lloydy gets to the semis, final or wins. Just a blip for Scott, plenty of years ahead.

Yep, he is turning pro now, so he will be able to practice for more than one hour a day. Funnily enough, I was captain of Warwickshire youth and Lloys was the captain of Essex youth when we played in the final of the UK youth tournament. He was a cracking lad, Scott beat him on the way to winning the individual tournament for the players that day.

He was certainly worse than Chizzy, Last night?

He was worse than Andy Jenkins in the Grand Slam of Darts and still went onto win the tournament. He's still the best player in the world, which is why now he's out, suddenly people are saying the field is wide open.

Have you not bigged up Nicholson in one of your posts & wrote him off in another?

I haven't written him off though, have I? I've said I wouldn't be surprised if he went out to Huybrechts. I wouldn't be surprised if Nicholson won either. It's a close one to call, as both are clearly pretty good.

What I came on to say is this though... the crowd. This tourney more than ever, they are just ridiculous. They don't give a fuck about ANYTHING that's going on. That performance from Jenkins especially was a cracker, and it was just getting shat on completely. They were the same for Lewis/Jones too. Aye, the match featuring the champ.

Ugh. Fucking morons.

He was worse than Andy Jenkins in the Grand Slam of Darts and still went onto win the tournament. He's still the best player in the world, which is why now he's out, suddenly people are saying the field is wide open.

Have you not bigged up Nicholson in one of your posts & wrote him off in another?

I haven't written him off though, have I? I've said I wouldn't be surprised if he went out to Huybrechts. I wouldn't be surprised if Nicholson won either. It's a close one to call, as both are clearly pretty good.

What I came on to say is this though... the crowd. This tourney more than ever, they are just ridiculous. They don't give a fuck about ANYTHING that's going on. That performance from Jenkins especially was a cracker, and it was just getting shat on completely. They were the same for Lewis/Jones too. Aye, the match featuring the champ.

Ugh. Fucking morons.

But the PDC bunch have never been there specifically for the darts have they? It's always been about dressing like a twat and singing football songs while getting smashed. If you actually want to watch darts then you go to the Lakeside.

It pissed me off when they were shouting "OOOOOooooooohh" when Pipe was throwing as you could obviously tell it was putting off and cost him a set.

Ugh. Fucking morons.

But the PDC bunch have never been there specifically for the darts have they? It's always been about dressing like a twat and singing football songs while getting smashed. If you actually want to watch darts then you go to the Lakeside.

It pissed me off when they were shouting "OOOOOooooooohh" when Pipe was throwing as you could obviously tell it was putting off and cost him a set.

The morons are definately getting worse though! It was hard to tell but the night before, they seemed to be winding each other up like rival sets of Football hooligans? & What about when Anderson was playing Lewis in Scotland? That was a disgrace!

• Paid Members

In the past though, it has seemed to be about the darts. The football chants are ace when it's aimed at the players ("Play up Stompe", "Vincent Van Der Voorte", etc) but during the Taylor match the other night, half the crowd weren't even watching the game.

Have to agree with the crowd comments. Ive definately noticed more twatish behavior the last few days. I remember a few days ago there was a good match on, and (like said before) it seemed as if the 'table' part of the crowd were winding up the 'stand' part for a good 10 minutes, completley ignoring the match and singing shitty football taunts at each other. Tickets surely cant be cheap, so it seems crazy how many people go there just to get pissed.

As for yesterday:

- King should have beaten Van Gerwin. He missed a load of crucial doubles. Not sure whether its a case of King getting worse, or Van Gerwin finally starting to live up to his hype.

- Whitlock was super solid, as was Lewis.

- Anderson survived a good fight from Petersen (who reminds me of Overeem). Anderson is surely the best player to watch. He hits big scores, big finishes, but then he has legs where his bottle completley goes. Yesterday, when throwing for the match, he hit four scores of 60 in a row. Thats why I dont think I could ever bet on Anderson, as Id never be confident he could finish a match.