Official Darts Thread

Dai

That has to be one of the worst moments in Darts in Glasgow. Absolutley disgusting the way some of the crowd treated the World Champion. Ady had 2 pints thrown at him, once when he was standing next to the walk on girl and security guard, then the other whilst walking to the stage. Pelted with coins on stage during his throw on several occasions, the crowd (a minority) just didn't give a fuck did they.

Ady proved his salt last night against Scotland's Gary Anderson. Even Anderson was completely disgusted by their actions, and they gave Ady all the shit.

Gary showed his dis-pleasure big style up there to the mindless idiots. Boy did Ando say that the Scotland crowd were something else prior to this event!

What Lewis did last night was one of the greatest examples of 'shutting the crowd up' I have ever seen. It was just amazing. 8 legs on the trot!

The silence at 3-3 when they went in for the break was definately the highlight of the match. I went from rooting for Anderson to rooting for Lewis to hoping that both guys told them to get fucked and walked off stage.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Not exactly pro-related but over the weekend I finished a game of 501 using 20 darts total and with a check-out of 65 (semi, double top). By far and away the best game I've ever had (and likely will have).

To all UKFF'ers who sling - what's your best/favourite check-out and have you hit that elusive 180*?

* - I hate you Congratulations if yes. I've hit 140 a number of times but my speciality is 123. Damn I hate that score!

• Moderators

Colin "Mouth" Monk is still on the scene? Tremend!

RE: Venis. I'm pretty sure Houchen's taken out a 170 at some point. My greatest outshot in league play has been a 117, and a 141 in practice.

Edited by ButchReedMark

Mardle and Manley really need to win and go far in this tornament, both have fallen of the radar in recent years with all the new blood coming in.

Also what has happened to Michael Van Gerwin. He looked like the business a few years ago.

I think Taylor will win unfortunatly, with this format pretty much could be anyone playing him in the final from a premier league player like Anderson to a steady pro like Dennis Preistley

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

Excuse the very slight verge to offtopic, but I just wanted to share seeing a Dave Spikey era Bullseye on TV the other day and the "darts player" on one team scoring 7 with three darts. Which was then followed by his "non-darts" partner scoring 3.

Nice one, Haraga! You're absolutely right, buzzing about that game. It's a strange one for me, Beaton was always good to me when I was an up and comer and Rand was my best man at my first wedding. I will be cheering on Scott and (as impartial as I can be) think he has the form to take out the Bronzed Adonis.

Butch, yeah I've checked out 170 twice in legit games, one being the Midlands Open where I picked up about 25 nicker for the highest finish. Highest finish at county level was 156.

EDIT - Wedding instead of marriage.

Edited by Keith Houchen