374 replies to this topic

#361 Just Me

Just Me

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:04 AM

Neo Geo had the best edition of Road Rash, which I only got to play once in a games shop but later bought the same version on PC.

#362 Onyx2

Onyx2

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:04 AM

I had a Neo Geo CD :nerd:

#363 JLM

JLM

Off-topic = On-topic for this cat....2009's best

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,058 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:07 AM

Yeah, that was very tempting too. Made the games far more affordable. One day I'll own an arcade cabinet and be done with it. It's not that much more expensive than buying retro consoles and games, I just need the space for it. And somewhere to hide it in case, y'know, people come round. Unless I have it running Pacman 90% of the time and say it's some kind of retro chic item.

A woman's voice, is such rarest flower. But I pick it. Vlad picks, petal from petal, until you are nudest you are ever being.

Until you are so nude.

#364 Just Me

Just Me

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:25 AM

I had a Neo Geo CD :nerd:

Did you ever have a console to play it on?

#365 tiger_rick

tiger_rick

Main Eventer

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,968 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:30 AM

I wish. The cool kids had Neo Geos and then import SNESes. I had a Game Gear.

I had a game gear, it was really cool but ate batteries. I bought it to help pass the time on a camping trip. Ran out all my batteries on the first night and then never took it out of the bag again.

I did the same with my PSP. Bought it for a long coach journey and have barely played it since. They worth anything these days?

#366 JLM

JLM

Off-topic = On-topic for this cat....2009's best

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,058 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:42 AM

Did you ever have a console to play it on?

Posted Image

Take this and go.

My cousin had a Gamegear. It had crazy versions of SOR, where the characters had screen blitzing super moves. Not the police car special attack either, the characters themselves would do something nuts and wipe out everyone. I also recall a bug whereby one of the enemies would walk off screen and then never, ever come back, leaving you unable to move on. Easily the smartest guy in Mr. X's army I reckon.

A woman's voice, is such rarest flower. But I pick it. Vlad picks, petal from petal, until you are nudest you are ever being.

Until you are so nude.

#367 Whinehouse

Whinehouse

Backyarder

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:54 AM

It also had bizarre little robots that resembled something between daleks and bins, which would explode if you even accidentally grabbed them, taking off well over half of your health. Little bastards. It pleases me to see the love for Yoshi's Island and Quake. Both are fine games that look strange in a direct juxtaposition with each other. :yinyang: I've recently had a bash on Yoshi's Island, but now I've got a Quake urge. I've never really played the PC version. May have to do some scouting...

#368 Loki

Loki

Inter-Continental Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,494 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:57 AM

To be fair, JLM, a lot of those titles had identical or better versions on other platforms. And if you've never played the CD-ROM Highlander game on the Jaguar, you've not lived.

#369 Clumsy Dad

Clumsy Dad

Jobber

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:20 PM

Saturn:

Worldwide Soccer 97

I had the ’98 version of that; I spent hours on it when I was supposed to be revising for my GCSEs. I remember that if you had a throw-in around the middle of the oppositions half you could do a deft throw and if it was timed right the receiving player could volley it straight at the goal, I scored loads that way, massively helped by the keepers being fairly dreadful. My mate always managed to score ridiculous swerving goals from close to the sideline. Another thing I remember is Jack Charlton coming out with the most bizarre non sequiturs on commentary.

Reading through this thread really makes me want play on my Saturn again; unfortunally a “friend” stole it a few years back. I’d love to play Guardian Heroes and Duke Nukem 3D again.

and exclusively owning a Saturn when the PS releases kept pouring out must have sucked too. I wouldn't know though. ;)

Believe me it did, and eventually I caved in and saved like made to get a Playstation, If I remember correctly it was Premier Manager 98 not coming out on the Saturn that finally broke me.

#370 Loki

Loki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,494 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:34 PM

I moved from the Jaguar to a PS and immediately bought Tekken 2 and Gran Turismo for it. Talk about the promised land.

#371 patiirc

patiirc

Sad Sack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (JLM @ Jul 9 2009, 12:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Saturn:

Panzer Dragoon Saga
Sega Rally
Virtua Fighter 2
Virtua Cop
Virtua Cop 2
Burning Rangers
Guardian Heroes
Night Warriors
Panzer Dragoon
Panzer Dragoon Zwei
Saturn Bomberman
Streetfighter Alpha
Streetfighter Alpha 2
Streetfighter Collection
X-Men: Children of the Atom
X-Men vs Streetfighter
King of Fighters 95
King of Fighters 96
King of Fighters 97
Fighters Megamix
Fighting VIpers
Last Bronx
Metal Slug
Worms
Sonic R
Sonic Jam
Steep Slope Sliders
Nights
Die Hard Arcade
Quake
Duke Nukem 3D
Radiant Silvergun
Resident Evil
Worldwide Soccer 97
Silhouette Mirage
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 turbo
Tempest 2000
Tomb Raider
Virtual On

Thats definitely a 'beginners' intro to the Saturn, Ive only had mine since October and havent got on to the Jap Releases yet.

However, I believe(as I havent played all of them) games such as

DoDonPachi
Shining Force 3
Astal
Daytona CCE
Baku Baku Animal
Radiant Silvergun
Parodius Deluxe Pack
Discworld I and II
Pretty much any Sega arcade conversion inc Sega Ages, Power drift, Manx TT, (for me anyhoo) Touring Cars, House of the Dead
Shining The Holy Ark
Shinobi X
Athelete Kings/Winter Heat
Dragon Force
Cotton 2
Exhumed
Battle Garegga
Bug and Bug 2
Grandia
Soukyugurentai Otokuyo
Elevator Action Returns
Wing Arms
Mr Bones
Bulk Slash
Assault Suit Leynos 2
Dragon Force
3 Dirty Dwarves

are also good and the list goes on...

UKFF World Cup Fantasy Football Winner 2014
UKFF Championship Fantasy Football Winner 2010, 2011. 2nd 2012

#372 Au

Au

Well underrated in 2008 yeah?

• Paid Members
  • PipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:08 PM

I got SO addicted to Baku Baku. Me and one of my ex;s used to play it all the time.

#373 Just Me

Just Me

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:11 PM

I didn't know, and would never have assumed, there was a Baku Baku Animal released on Saturn. I adored the Master System version for a short while via emulation. Flawed but strangely charming.

#374 Lawz

Lawz

8/1 e/w shout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:29 PM

As mentioned in the What Play You thread I've purchased Broken Sword Trilogy for the PC. Since the first made the 50 I think its fitting I'm reunited with one of my favourite series ever.

#375 neil

neil

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:16 PM

GOLD

Good job Black, and everyone who took part. Great thread!

FOUNDER MEMBER OF THE NO SIGS CREW
NEW CLUB DETAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELCOME TO THE COMIC SANS ERA BITCHES

You want in? Put "NO SIGS CREW" in yo sig in size 7, red, comic sans font then TURN DEM SIGS OFF