General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members

Genuinely gutted about Harryhausen. I was obsessed with his films growing up. There was something about the sequences he made that was just fantastic and still stands up today. Can honestly say that his films led to me becoming so interested in animation and eventually becoming an editor. Went to the exhibition of his work in London a few years ago and the detail in his work was something else. Also someone was showing their kid the medusa scene ( which was playing on a loop) and I have never seen a kid lose their shit so much. It was fantastic.

• Paid Members

Chalk me down as another who loves The Hills Have Eyes remake, easily my favourite horror ever it was excellent. Larry Zybysko claims he was offered the lead in the original and turned it down.

Genuinely gutted about Harryhausen. I was obsessed with his films growing up. There was something about the sequences he made that was just fantastic and still stands up today. Can honestly say that his films led to me becoming so interested in animation and eventually becoming an editor. Went to the exhibition of his work in London a few years ago and the detail in his work was something else. Also someone was showing their kid the medusa scene ( which was playing on a loop) and I have never seen a kid lose their shit so much. It was fantastic.

Gunna have to echo the love for Harryhausen. From reading I think an Eagle annual c1984ish and how they did the figures in his movies I loved stop motion. Moved on to Jittlov and remain totally captivated by his and others works to this day.

• Paid Members

Fucking hell. There are absolutely loads of directors around who could do a great Bond film. The first guy they should have called is Morten Tyldum, who directed the brilliant Headhunters. Nolan can fuck off.

Mind you, they're not really Bond films any more anyway, so he'd probably be perfect for whatever they think they are now.

• Paid Members

As long as him and his cronies aren't writing it I can't see any problem with him directing it although I'd prefer them to take a chance and get someone like Gareth Evans or Joe Cornish onboard. Even the Brannagh / Vic Armstrong directing combo from Thor would be a good shout.