General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members

edit * beaten to it by 3 minutes!

Not a design classic like the original one, I'll reserve judgment though. I hate the exposed hand, hope he just hasn't put the other glove from his costume on yet and it's not like that in the film

Edited by Steve 'Big' Jobs

• Paid Members

As someone who's not interested in the old Robocops or the new one, my judgement is that costume is laughable. He's just so generic, there's no detail to him at all, just black plastic looking shit. That's not coming from someone who looks at old Robocop and says "that's iconic, there's no comparison", it's just "that new Robocop suit looks shit".

• Paid Members

He doesnt look very...erm...robotic, does he?

If the story is anything like the original, we should be sympathising with the poor policeman who is trapped inside his half robot body, through no fault of his own. That'll be harder to portray considering he just looks like some bloke wearing a generic videogame, armoured suit.

Early days, but not a good start.

First look at the new design for Robocop

decided not to put the pics directly on here in case people didn't want to see them. if it was a bit more silver i think it would look fine, the black just looks odd. it just looks a bit plasticy

I wasn't expecting Robocop to look like that. Suit reminds me of The Dark Knight/The Dark Knight Rises.

• Paid Members
I don't think it'll look anything like that on screen - the fact the suit looks so plain suggests to me they'll be a fair bit done to it in post-production to make it look more robotic etc. Bit like how they did a load of stuff to the Green Lantern costume after shooting.

I think it's going to look quite close to how it looks in that photo sadly. There's no tracking markers on the suit to make me think they'll be adding Cgi to it and the teaser poster showing his leg has a similar colour to it. I don't like it :(