Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

Fox is just awful beyond belief.This article tries to link Sherri's death to the Benoit story. If it was as simple as just "another wrestler died and they happened to know each other a bit" it would be one thing. But what the fuck is this quote all about?

One popular wrestling site, PWTorch.com, reports that Kevin Sullivan, then married to Nancy, tried to pair Martel with wrestler Ric Flair as part of a scripted Nicole Brown/O.J. Simpson ring drama, but that "work" was abandoned.PWTorch.com writes that in early 1996, Martel became involved in a strange "work"

Edited by BurningHammer

I'm sure this has more or less been covered, but whoever edited the Benoit page about Nancy's death, is also responsible for these pearlers.

Click the diff links to see the edits highlighted

That took me about 5 minutes to research. I can now confidently claim that this person was a crank - unless someone associated with WWE also repeatedly edits Ron Artest's page to include 'nigger' where possible, presumably under the influence of a steroid induced rage at the NBA.

looks like wwe.com have removed benoit completely

Search for Benoit in their search box and practically everything still remains somewhere on the site (anything selling his merch is definitely gone), even the preview of the Vengeance match with Punk that was to never take place remains....thankfully they've removed the page where Benoit reviews the Kane movie See No Evil and that's not a sick joke but fact - it shows up in the first page of results with this listing:5. WWE: Inside WWE > News > Archive > SNE: Benoit's kind of movie... Benoit: See No Evil - My Kind of Movie. By Brett Hoffman. May 16, 2006. ... The way that scene unfolded was just a lot of fun.

*Delete Double Post*

Edited by Devon Laney

I really dont know what to say. I've been sitting watching this story unfold since I found out Benoit was dead sometime late on Monday. My original thought was "Oh God, not another one" as I'm sure it was with most people. Then when I found out Nancy and Daniel were dead as well, my original thought, probably very wrongly, was where was Kevin Sullivan when this was all going on??? (I know, I know but I was in shock at the time.) Then I remembered that I had once met Benoit and the fact he was dead really hit me. THEN I found out Benoit was the one who did it. What I can only describe as a complete numbness hit me. If anyone had asked me the most likely superstars to do something like (not that I would be too quick to want to do it or think anyone of them would be capable of it.) Benoit would have been waaaaaaaaaaay down the list. Benoit always seemed like a loving family man (I'm thinking of WMXX when Nancy and his sons celebrated with him in the ring). I really cant believe Chris Benoit was/is a murderer. I would really rather remember the great wrestling rather than the end but although I'll still be able to watch his matches, I dont think I'll ever be able to think about Benoit the same way again. I think it is a terrible shame it ended like this obviously and also that because of it he will never be in the Hall Of Fame. I really feel for the rest of his family and again obviously for Nancy and Daniel.However, there is one thing about this that gets to me. Vince Mc Mahon. As many have said he could have done after Eddie's death and didnt. Now he's paying the price. But thats not the main thing that gets to me about Vince. Maybe its just me but I think Vince is being a bit hypocritical(sp?) about this. Before I go any further I want to make it clear that I'm not trying to defend Chris Benoit in any way and this is just my opinion. The reason I think Vince is being hypocritical? Jimmy Superfly Snuka. We all know the story (I think?). Now whether or not this is true, Vince is quite happy to put Snuka on T.V. yet has already tried to completely remove Benoit from wrestling history. I know Vince needs to distance himself from this to TRY and save himself and his company but how the fuck is he going to take Benoit's title reigns out of history? Is he going to delete all DVD titles from sale if they have Chris Benoit on them? No and that along with the Snuka thing is why I think Vince is being hypocritical about this. (If anyone comes back and says that Snuka was found completely innocent please ignore this bit because then obviously I've read the story competely wrong when I read it on here.)EDIT: Also how fucking bogus is the fox report linking Sherri's death to this tradegy? How the fuck can you do that if the common link was only Kevin Sullivan and its been proved Benoit killed himself and his family? Are they trying to say Benoit tried to framed Kevin Sullivan by killing Sherri or something? Can someone not get off their ass do some proper reporting and look at the real issue here: Benoit killing his family and himself. Also as has been pointed out Vince could be getting really hammered here so that he had to change something so this never happens again but no one can be arsed with proper reporting in America, just sensationalism.R.I.P. Nancy and DanielI really dont know what to say about Benoit expect WHY? CHRIS, WHY?

Edited by ECF'NW

Snuka was never found innocent as no charges were ever brought against him. It does seem VERY likely that he did kill someone though. And since we're comparing the two, at least Vince never took an active role in covering up Benoit's actions.

• Paid Members

It's like that old trick of choking an opponent with a cord, then tucking it into your shorts and throwing up your arms in protest when the referee comes looking.

Gonna take a ballsy wrestler / tag team to use that spot again. :( I'm glad to sign on this morning and see that they don't seem to be persuing the Sherri Martel link with any vigour.I've been glued to Fox for three days now, waiting to hear any new developments, and i cant believe the hype and frenzy they whip up on there, its frightning. God forbid any of the killers they're talking about are actually innocent, you wouldnt stand a chance once the Fox News team get a drift of it.I still think there's a few more twists and turns to come in this story, i think its beyond any doubt now that Benoit was guilty of murder, but I expect a few more revelations which may go some way towards explaining why.

Snuka was never found innocent as no charges were ever brought against him. It does seem VERY likely that he did kill someone though. And since we're comparing the two, at least Vince never took an active role in covering up Benoit's actions.

Don't you mean he was never found guilty.Remember, Innocent until proven guilty.

I imagine it's only a matter of time before somebody photoshops that, so Benoit's wearing the "I DID IT," T-shirt they were selling on Shopzone.

Not really necessary as apparantly the actual shirt he's wearing has been recognised as:1007228568_l.jpg
Anyone know where I can get that shirt?

The kid having needle marks is unsurprising - he had Fragile X and would have been on growth hormones and all kinds of other stuff to keep him well and improve his development.

I did hear of a creepy development though (news link below)

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20044130,00.html

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21988443-2,00.html

allegedly there was an attempt to update wikipedia with news of the deaths approx 14 hours before the police found the bodies. INvestigations are ongoing.

• Paid Members

the wikipedia thing is astonishing. nobody other than michael scott himself can possibly be taking this seriously.

its WIKIPEDIA people, are we really this desperate for more dirt?

i can't wait for the media to get a hold of the story that this whole situation is a conspiracy at the hands of kevin sullivan and his satanist mates. boss.

Edited by Benno

Don't you mean he was never found guilty.Remember, Innocent until proven guilty.
I was replying to the post above which talked about Snuka being "found innocent." Apologies for any confusion there - I've had the "innocent until proven guilty" argument about a million times on this very forum.And carolann - PLEASE look up the page before you post. Anyone who's read this thread in the last 24 hours has heard the Wiki story. New links are all well and good, but if you're going to develop the thread, you've at least got to add some caustic remark about lazy journalists not doing a modicum of research before writing these stories.

I was replying to the post above which talked about Snuka being "found innocent." Apologies for any confusion there - I've had the "innocent until proven guilty" argument about a million times on this very forum.And carolann - PLEASE look up the page before you post. Anyone who's read this thread in the last 24 hours has heard the Wiki story. New links are all well and good, but if you're going to develop the thread, you've at least got to add some caustic remark about lazy journalists not doing a modicum of research before writing these stories.
I have actually been reading this thread on and off since it started and hadn't read anything relating to wikipedia - i obviously missed whatever else was posted.I would post something sarcastic - but why bother - you quit clearly have enough wit and cynicism for both of us.

I have actually been reading this thread on and off since it started and hadn't read anything relating to wikipedia - i obviously missed whatever else was posted.I would post something sarcastic - but why bother - you quit clearly have enough wit and cynicism for both of us.

Seriously, nobody is having a go for no reason, but the Wiki thing has been covered a lot, on the last few pages no less. People are just trying to stop this thread getting bogged down with repeats of the same thing. OK?