Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

Someone on the Figure 4 Weekly boards posted a recap. Hidden behind the spoilers:

Just finished reading this week's (first Observer) and boy is it fascinating.Some interesting points:-Dave confirmed he used a form of the Crippler Crossface on Daniel. This is interesting since Bryan was adamant that the story was bullshit. Apparently investigators found marks on the boys arm and face that they didn't understand and upon watching a tape of a Benoit match and seeing the move it made sense. They just said it was a "choke" as to not further sensationalize an already sensationalized story.-Dave said Bryan was closer to Benoit (he found his writing hilarious) then he was and that Dave hardly ever talked to Chris (while Bryan [in the new F4W newsletter] seemed to indicate semi regular contact). Thought that was interesting as we rib Bryan about getting all his sources through Dave but I never thought he'd have more access to someone like Benoit then Dave.-Benoit got a prescription for the anti-depressant Zoloft (not Xanax) at the doctor's visit on Friday.-Benoit started going downhill after Eddy died because he lost the one guy who he could confide in and shared his problems with. Apparently close friends always knew Benoit had the same problems as Eddy (pills, etc.) and suggested Benoit seriously needed to see a therapist but no one suggested it since he wasn't the type to be open to that sort of thing.-Apparently the death of Johnny Grunge hit Benoit even harder then Eddy since they were neighbors and him and Nancy fighting was somewhat common and he'd be the one to come over and defuse situations and make Chris laugh. After he died, Chris didn't have that buffer when things got out of control.-Chris and Nancy had recently separated for a period of time, and Dave received a change of address form for an apartment different then their house (I believe Bryan mentioned he got a different address too).-Chris recently opened up a new life insurance claim naming his ex-wife and his older 2 kids as the beneficiaries and refused to include Nancy or Daniel.-When there were rumors of him leaving for TNA, Dave asked him about it and Chris was paranoid thinking Dave had inside info that WWE was going to release him. He apparently may have thought ECW was a demotion and the next step would be out the door. He was reportedly obsessed with establishing himself at the HHH/HBK level. He had grown increasingly paranoid that someone was out to get him and didn't let Nancy leave the house at night or Daniel to play outside and would take different routes from the airport home each time in case he was being followed.-Nancy confided to a friend in wrestling days before the murders that she feared for her life and the friend told her to go take Daniel to her parents place in Florida (as she had done before when Chris became violent) but she didn't this time. Apparently she had a lockbox at the bank with notes indicating if something happened to her, it was Chris.-Theory is that she told him she was leaving him for good and taking Daniel and that's when he snapped on her. Loved his son and when she filed for divorce all he wanted was joint custody. Theory is he killed Daniel because in his mind he couldn't bare to let him be alone without his parents and in his condition so it was a "mercy killing".-Someone in WWE informed Dave before the RAW show that Chris had killed them, but others in the company were unaware but at least someone high up knew before the tribute show was put on the air.-Dave says he can't write a proper obit/career retrospect and doesn't know if he ever will.That's all I can think of for now. Pretty heavy stuff. Sounds like Chris always had a violent side, and that all the deaths of close friends combined with heavier drug use really caused him to lose his mind. Sad, sad end to such a fabulous career.

I feel sick...

Edited by MackemMan

• Paid Members

Some notes from the new Observer.-Dave confirmed he used a form of the Crippler Crossface on Daniel. This is interesting since Bryan was adamant that the story was bullshit. Apparently investigators found marks on the boys arm and neck that they didn't understand and upon watching a tape of a Benoit match and seeing the move it made sense. They just said it was a "choke" as to not further sensationalize an already sensationalized story.

thats the possibly the most frightening thing I've read in a while, and if the media catch on to that...

God, when are people going to zero in on the fact this business is too much? Yes, this is ridiculously more intense than other deaths, but still, all points to it stemming from the stresses of the business and the fact that so many of his friends died. Its sad that Meltz probably won't do an obit on Benoit, but I suppose it makes sense.Is Benoit in the Observer Hall of Fame?Anyway, there's something good that could come out of all this... but it requires somebody to take Vince McMahon to task for working his guys to the point of death and then claiming 'but only 5 of them died on contract' as if it cleans him of all responsibility. WWE needs to change. And if this doesn't change it, nothing ever will. And THAT would be too depressing for words, even more than this whole sad, miserable story. Because that'll mean the cycle of stars rising, falling and dying from drug related problems etc. will never fucking end.Some nasty new facts in the Observer, it appears, either way.

thats the possibly the most frightening thing I've read in a while, and if the media catch on to that...

Wonder if any of them read the Observer? Edited by edgecrusher

• Paid Members

Fucking hell those observer notes are frightening. If someone in WWE knew he had killed them before went to air then why the fuck didn't they pull it. Thats mad. The only logical thing I can think of is that they didn't want to have to explain it to the locker room. But its still fucking mad.Benoit using the crossface on Daniel is sickening. It chills me to think about it. It was bad enough when we thought he had smothered him in his sleep but that is fucking sick. The media will have a field day with this stuff if they do some accurate reporting for once, lets hope they do so that there is no chance WWE can continue to let a environment be created where this could happen again. I really hope someone steps up to try and regulate WWE asap. I don't blame anyone but Benoit for the murders but WWE definately has more responsibilty for wrestling deaths than the laughable '5 under contract'.

Meltzer added the following in today's news update:

--In the Observer that comes out Monday, there is a note about Chris Benoit sending me a change of address form a few weeks ago and the belief that it meant he had at the very least, a second residence in the Atlanta area. This is just a clarification before a media frenzy gets going (which I'm really fearing once people see the next two issues and after the Wikipedia deal that still won't die even though police have come to the bottom of it days ago). As it turns out, and this came indirectly from someone close with Nancy, either Chris, Nancy or both, no longer wanted any mail of any kind coming to the house, so set up a different address for all the mail.

It just gets worse and worse.

Is Benoit in the Observer Hall of Fame?

Yes. He was inducted the year before he won the World title.

Fucking hell those observer notes are frightening. If someone in WWE knew he had killed them before went to air then why the fuck didn't they pull it. Thats mad. The only logical thing I can think of is that they didn't want to have to explain it to the locker room. But its still fucking mad.

Not just that. It says some one "high up" so you're talking about a member of Upper Management here. WWE have already taken some criticism for running the Tribute show - and that was when it was presumed they didn't know. If the mainstream media gets hold of the part that they possibly did know I can see it getting a lot worse.

Someone on the Figure 4 Weekly boards posted a recap. Hidden behind the spoilers:

Just finished reading this week's (first Observer) and boy is it fascinating.Some interesting points:-Dave confirmed he used a form of the Crippler Crossface on Daniel. This is interesting since Bryan was adamant that the story was bullshit. Apparently investigators found marks on the boys arm and face that they didn't understand and upon watching a tape of a Benoit match and seeing the move it made sense. They just said it was a "choke" as to not further sensationalize an already sensationalized story.-Dave said Bryan was closer to Benoit (he found his writing hilarious) then he was and that Dave hardly ever talked to Chris (while Bryan [in the new F4W newsletter] seemed to indicate semi regular contact). Thought that was interesting as we rib Bryan about getting all his sources through Dave but I never thought he'd have more access to someone like Benoit then Dave.-Benoit got a prescription for the anti-depressant Zoloft (not Xanax) at the doctor's visit on Friday.-Benoit started going downhill after Eddy died because he lost the one guy who he could confide in and shared his problems with. Apparently close friends always knew Benoit had the same problems as Eddy (pills, etc.) and suggested Benoit seriously needed to see a therapist but no one suggested it since he wasn't the type to be open to that sort of thing.-Apparently the death of Johnny Grunge hit Benoit even harder then Eddy since they were neighbors and him and Nancy fighting was somewhat common and he'd be the one to come over and defuse situations and make Chris laugh. After he died, Chris didn't have that buffer when things got out of control.-Chris and Nancy had recently separated for a period of time, and Dave received a change of address form for an apartment different then their house (I believe Bryan mentioned he got a different address too).-Chris recently opened up a new life insurance claim naming his ex-wife and his older 2 kids as the beneficiaries and refused to include Nancy or Daniel.-When there were rumors of him leaving for TNA, Dave asked him about it and Chris was paranoid thinking Dave had inside info that WWE was going to release him. He apparently may have thought ECW was a demotion and the next step would be out the door. He was reportedly obsessed with establishing himself at the HHH/HBK level. He had grown increasingly paranoid that someone was out to get him and didn't let Nancy leave the house at night or Daniel to play outside and would take different routes from the airport home each time in case he was being followed.-Nancy confided to a friend in wrestling days before the murders that she feared for her life and the friend told her to go take Daniel to her parents place in Florida (as she had done before when Chris became violent) but she didn't this time. Apparently she had a lockbox at the bank with notes indicating if something happened to her, it was Chris.-Theory is that she told him she was leaving him for good and taking Daniel and that's when he snapped on her. Loved his son and when she filed for divorce all he wanted was joint custody. Theory is he killed Daniel because in his mind he couldn't bare to let him be alone without his parents and in his condition so it was a "mercy killing".-Someone in WWE informed Dave before the RAW show that Chris had killed them, but others in the company were unaware but at least someone high up knew before the tribute show was put on the air.-Dave says he can't write a proper obit/career retrospect and doesn't know if he ever will.That's all I can think of for now. Pretty heavy stuff. Sounds like Chris always had a violent side, and that all the deaths of close friends combined with heavier drug use really caused him to lose his mind. Sad, sad end to such a fabulous career.

I feel sick...

Pretty much everything everyone wanted to know.In all fairness i dont believe Benoit would apply the bloody crossface to his son. I mean that is a wrestling fan rumour gone mental if there ever was one. It's gone from smothered, to choke hold, to crossface. The choke hold rumour was obviously someones idea of saying he's a big bad wrestler and wrestles everyone. I dont believe this stuff. Is it not possible that he would have pinned Daniels arms down and choked him because that seems more realistic to me as much as it saddens me to think about it.If i'm proved wrong i will be amazed but that does seem like something an idiotic wrestling fan would say to his mates and then spiral out of control.

• Paid Members

In all fairness i dont believe Benoit would apply the bloody crossface to his son.

Agreed. Reports are beginning to suggest that this was a "Mercy killing" due to Benoit not wanting to leave Daniel behind. Therefore he would have wanted to hurt Daniel as little as possible. The crossface also puts pressure on the neck. He most probably used some sort of rear naked choke. It would have done the job, been quick and not harmed Daniel too much.Sorry about the morbid nature of my post, but saying he used the crossface is fucking retarded.

I can't see how you could kill someone with the crossface.

If, and im only saying IF, it is true, think about it, a 220+ pound man, choking out a fragile young child with the move, isnt that hard to comtemplate really. Although surely there would be a LOT more neck damage apparent. Edited by klown

Well, the crossface isn't a choke. And if he did choke him from that position, as you say, there would've been clear damage to the neck.

A man of that size using that move on a child, im sure it would cut off the kids airways alot easier than you might think.Again, im only saying IF. Edited by klown

Well, the crossface isn't a choke. And if he did choke him from that position, as you say, there would've been clear damage to the neck.

Think about the hold though: Benoit's hands would have been locked across the nose and mouth of young Daniel. Look at the size difference - it's easily conceivable that his hands would have engulfed the nose and mouth of his son; making suffocation pretty simple.

If anyone in the media reads the Observer and what Meltzer's said there is true, WWE are completely fucked.Christ, it's like a powder keg. The moment someone starts seriously paying attention to what's going on, the whole thing's just going to come crashing down.

If anyone in the media reads the Observer and what Meltzer's said there is true, WWE are completely fucked.Christ, it's like a powder keg. The moment someone starts seriously paying attention to what's going on, the whole thing's just going to come crashing down.

Give it til Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest.We're going back to the dark ages, people...