The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

• Awards Moderator

Foo Fighters - Erase ReplaceFoo Fighters - Cheer Up Boys, Your Makeup Is RunningFoo Fighters - StatuesFoo Fighters - But HonestlyTo be honest, there's far too much slow stuff on this album. I think I'll wait and see if the album grows on me before I consider buying it. The songs I have posted are my highlights so far. Apart from 'The Pretender' that has been posted. My personal favourite of them four is 'But Honestly'.I'll post tasters of the new Fightstar album later on.

I thank you greatly... but how? The album's not out until the 24th I thought?

Foo Fighters - Erase ReplaceFoo Fighters - Cheer Up Boys, Your Makeup Is RunningFoo Fighters - StatuesFoo Fighters - But HonestlyTo be honest, there's far too much slow stuff on this album. I think I'll wait and see if the album grows on me before I consider buying it. The songs I have posted are my highlights so far. Apart from 'The Pretender' that has been posted. My personal favourite of them four is 'But Honestly'.I'll post tasters of the new Fightstar album later on.

I thank you greatly... but how? The album's not out until the 24th I thought?
The leak came out. Always a good idea to get that before considering getting an album IMO. Don't want to end up buying pish.

Digging the Fightstar songs, although two of them are very close to ripping off Taking Back Sunday and Muse. More please Haraga.

Agree on the Muse thing. There's definately flashes of TBS, but that becomes more apparent in later songs. Especially 'One Day Son' which just INSTANTLY made me think of them. The Muse thing hit me at the start of 'Floods'.Anyways, four other songs. Fightstar - One Day SonFightstar - DeathcarFightstar - H.I.P. EnoughFightstar - Unfamiliar Ceilings

• Paid Members

I saw Less Than Jake live at Mean Fiddler last friday and it was one of the most fun nights of my entire life. Seriously, the happiest and most feel good band I have ever seen live. To celebrate here's one of my favorites "Five State Drive", so goddamn catchy and awesome. If you don't like this then you are a miserable bastard.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ta6lyi

• Moderators

I'm not sure if I've posted a track of this album yet in this thread, but fuck it... this is Stop off of Sean Price's 'Jesus Price Supastar' album; easliy one of my favourite albums from this year. As an extra enticement, this track and several others on the album are produced by 9th Wonder. Blaow! Check it out...

I saw Less Than Jake live at Mean Fiddler last friday and it was one of the most fun nights of my entire life. Seriously, the happiest and most feel good band I have ever seen live. To celebrate here's one of my favorites "Five State Drive", so goddamn catchy and awesome. If you don't like this then you are a miserable bastard.http://www.sendspace.com/file/ta6lyi

Which album did you get when you saw them?

• Paid Members

I saw Less Than Jake live at Mean Fiddler last friday and it was one of the most fun nights of my entire life. Seriously, the happiest and most feel good band I have ever seen live. To celebrate here's one of my favorites "Five State Drive", so goddamn catchy and awesome. If you don't like this then you are a miserable bastard.http://www.sendspace.com/file/ta6lyi

Which album did you get when you saw them?
I was there on Friday which meant I got "Hello Rockview" which made me extremely happy.

• Paid Members

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ze6t7l

"Treatment Bound" by The Replacements. It's a gritty, happy, guitar track with an insanely catchy chorus and intentionnally sounds like it was recorded in a garden shed in the middle of nowhere with an 8-track that's been run over with a car. Really fun.

And Seven, do you like any songs under 3 and a half minutes? Everything you post is some long, slow building 5 minuter.