The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

My choice for today is from one of the greatest bands of all time: Descendents - Cool To Be You . If it wasn't for the Descendents, some of today's most popular music would likely never have existed, musicians such as Tom DeLonge are well known for idolising this band in their youth. This particular song is off their last album from 2004 called "Cool To Be You", despite their best material generally being in the 80s, I feel this is one of the greatest pop punk songs ever made.

Edited by PC316

Mr Seven, glad to see another Brand New fan amongst the heathens. Didn't get to see them whilst they were over here, was genuinely gutted.

Onto another late night song of the day......

Tiger Lou - The Loyal

Really good atmospheric song from Sweden. Rasmus Kellerman is the man behind Tiger Lou. He writes, plays and produces all the songs.

This is from the second album aptly named The Loyal

Yeah I have to admit, while I'm not averse to the odd soaring falsetto, Rufus Wainwright is often just a little too gay for my tastes. Going To A Town off the new one is a good song, though. Very Radiohead.

Heard this from Dolorean today. I know nothing of them other than the brief blurb in my Piccadilly Records email, but I dig this song quite a lot, evidently the opener and title track off their new album. A very mellow, plaintive song revolving around a three-word mantra, repeated over and over.

Dolorean - You Can't Win

This ones from the end credits of Kill Bill 2. "Goodnight Moon" by Shivaree and instead of describing it I'm just going to tell you to download it now because it is so fucking good and if you don't like it then you suck.http://www.sendspace.com/file/0o2uri

I really like this track. It's one of the few highlights on the soundtrack for Kill Bill 2 IMHO. I liked it so much, it made it's way on to an all too rare compilation that I made for the missus a year or so ago. Cheers for the reminded to listen to it again.