Jump to content

The forum idiot of 2006?  

238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

I really don't think Chris is anywhere close to the other 9 on the stupidity scale. I really can't see any reason why he's winning, apart from his posts in this thread which probably inspired more people to vote.

  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Paid Members
Posted

I think Chris' main problem is the sheer number of posts he makes. He seems to chip in to almost every off-topic discussion, which isn't a bad thing in itself, but it's very irritating when he appears to be either totally ignorant on the subject in question, or simply has no strong/interesting opinions on the matter. CULT OF PERSONALITY is a more obvious dickhead, but he just made a few annoying posts here and there like your standard troll. EWWChris is *everywhere*.

Posted

Yeah it became Dan Fitch-like in his quest to post in every single topic there is. I couldn't put my finger on to why it annoys me when people post a lot, I could just ignore them but you can't because you start missing elements of the discussion, and in the case of the APW thread you are having to trawl through a load of shit just to read the important bits in what is an interesting subject.Yeah so basically it's the sheer amount of posts he makes that contribute literally nothing to the board. Can get very tedious. Unlike me.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I agree with Fleischmark (:omg:) - you can't pinpoint EWWChris's 'doltness' to just one post - it's the whole picture, IMO. It's a combination of offering nothing unique, being a post whore, offering bland opinions on every topic, having an undeserved sense of self-importance in the business, coming accross like a total mark, yet looking down on marks at the same time, and making long drawn-out 'preaching' posts about the business - see 1PW & APW threads for numerous examples of these.

It's a hard one to nail, but obviously it's a popular opinion, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt the same throughout 2006.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I really don't think Chris is anywhere close to the other 9 on the stupidity scale. I really can't see any reason why he's winning, apart from his posts in this thread which probably inspired more people to vote.

I think you hit the nail squarlely on the head as to Exactly why he Chris is DOTY Chris is not stupid but comes across as such in his posts, wheras the others are fuckwits who just can't help it
Posted

I really don't think Chris is anywhere close to the other 9 on the stupidity scale. I really can't see any reason why he's winning, apart from his posts in this thread which probably inspired more people to vote.

I think you hit the nail squarlely on the head as to Exactly why he Chris is DOTY Chris is not stupid but comes across as such in his posts, wheras the others are fuckwits who just can't help it
Then maybe a should know better award would be better suited.
  • Moderators
Posted

Earlier in the year, it was a bit of a running joke that EWWChris would reply in every single BRITWRES~! thread, or any thread involving wrestlers/promoters/teaboys to blindly take their side, regardless of what was going down. Then, as others have already said, he started replying to anything and everything, offering no opinion or insight, and never failing to drag things out to mind numbing tedium. Last week in fact, he posted a thread where he literally had no opinion on the subject, nor knowledge of what it was he was posting about, but still couldn't stop himself from clicking that "post" button. That's why he's going to win Dolt Of The Year, as well as stuff like the Halloween Holocaust argument. In short - STOP POSTING.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

In the interests of EWW, I think EWWChris needs to strongly curtail his posting. As others have said, it's not that he's the biggest retard on the forum, but more the biggest post-whore, and that kind of stuff is a lot less tolerated than in past years.

 

In fairness, I can think of someone else who, though he doesn't post with as much frequency, has a higher post count than Chris and I can't recall him EVER having posted ANYTHING of ANY substance ever (no, not me!). Yet nobody says anything about that. Regarde.

Edited by MoChatra
Posted

In fairness, I can think of someone else who, though he doesn't post with as much frequency, has a higher post count than Chris and I can't recall him EVER having posted ANYTHING of ANY substance ever (no, not me!). Yet nobody says anything about that. Regarde.

That stuff is so easy to ignore though. You can tell at first glance that it's nothing interesting, and just skim over it. Rather that than someone who monopolises discussion with pointless arguments.
Posted

In fairness, I can think of someone else who, though he doesn't post with as much frequency, has a higher post count than Chris and I can't recall him EVER having posted ANYTHING of ANY substance ever (no, not me!). Yet nobody says anything about that. Regarde.

That stuff is so easy to ignore though. You can tell at first glance that it's nothing interesting, and just skim over it. Rather that than someone who monopolises discussion with pointless arguments.
Agreed, as well people entertain Chris's discussion therefore it's often necessary to suffer his posts so you can keep track of where the discussion is going...which is invariably nowhere, however.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...